Regular Contributor

Nailtiques Formula 2- nail lifting

I have been using Nailtiques Formula2 for a few months with no problems and I actually love the product, however about a month ago, I noticed that on my pointer finger the white part is moving up toward the cuticle. I did my nails last night and used the F2 as usual but it seemed to get a little under that nail and it burned like crazy. Today my finger tip hurts and feels hot. Has anyone had a problem with the Nailtiques causing a nail to lift? I can't think of anything else that is newer to my manicure routine that would cause this. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nailtiques Formula 2- nail lifting

I've been using it for probably 20 years with no problems, but you could certainly have a reaction to it. Maybe a switch to Formula 1 would be worth a try.

Respected Contributor

Suzy, if you google, you'll find other reports of this. The formula is probably not right for you, or it could be an infection. Posters elsewhere have written about what hat helped the problem. You probably should stop using formula 2.
Trusted Contributor

I have also been using it for over 20 years and have never had a problem. Sounds like you need to see a Dermatologist. Perhaps you have some form of fungus or some other nail disease going on that requires medial treatment. I would not put anything on that nail.