Super Contributor

anyone have a bedroom humidifier that they can recommend?--I read on these boards not too long ago & someone said something about a Vicks humidifier from target? & someone said something about one she bought I think it was @ Babies r Us?..thank u

Honored Contributor

Re: looking for a humidifier

If you want one you can get locally, check for Crane humidifiers. You can usually find them in baby stores, at Target, etc. The Crane Drop (teardrop shaped) humidifier is very popular, but offers few features. I prefer ultrasonic humidifiers, which the Crane Drop is. Bed, Bath & Beyond usually also carries a variety of humidifiers and usually has floor models running.

Valued Contributor

I use a table-top one from Safety 1st. Very quiet and easy to use.

Super Contributor

thanks Marybella--that sounds like one that I would be interested in--& thanks ChynnaBlue--I will check those out too------Mary

Honored Contributor

I am the gal who bought the Vick's at Target (it's online too). It was $39.99, it is super quiet although the 2 reviews had problems with noise. It's easy to clean - some bleach in the water once a week. Mine is in the bedroom and I own for about a month now and I am very happy with the product. I add a couple of drops of essential oil to my water.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I bought two Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humdifiers, HCM-350 in October. It is very quiet, has three humdification levels, and I like the germ-free mist aspect. Here are some of the other details:

• 99.9% Germ Free Mist - Kills up to 99.9% of bacteria, mold & spores in water with patented germ killing chamber technology
  • QuietCare Technology runs up to 25% quieter. Runs 24 hours on one filling.
  • Break resistant and dishwasher safe water tank.
  • Antimicrobial treated filter - HAC-504AW & automatic moisture balance system
  • For medium size rooms

I would have to say that the water chamber is a little small so you have to keep a close watch to refill it. It does not have a light or automatically shut off if the water reservoir is empty, which would be very helpful.

P.S. It does not leave a white coat on everything like some humidifiers I have used in the past would do.
“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

On 1/28/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

If you want one you can get locally, check for Crane humidifiers. You can usually find them in baby stores, at Target, etc. The Crane Drop (teardrop shaped) humidifier is very popular, but offers few features. I prefer ultrasonic humidifiers, which the Crane Drop is. Bed, Bath & Beyond usually also carries a variety of humidifiers and usually has floor models running.

I bought this one this summer at Target when my granddaughter came to visit and I started using it in my bedroom this winter. I have been satisfied with its performance.

Honored Contributor

None of these ""portable units"" put out enough moisture if you live in an extremely dry climate.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I would like one with no filter - are they filter free?
Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 BeautyAddiction said: I would like one with no filter - are they filter free?

The Vicks I have is filter-FREE.

kindness is strength