Contributor

Looking for lip gloss for 56 year old that is neutral

Hi, I'm 56, and have thin lips. I have med. skin tone, and need a lip color that is between pink AND coral. I can't wear pink in clothes and look good in coral, tomato red, kaki, turquoise, and generally fall colors in clothes. I've bought Bobbi Brown and loved the consistency, but color was not right, Loreal, Revlon, etc. Is there a neutral that has alot of shine that works on anyone? thank you so much.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for lip gloss for 56 year old that is neutral

Hope this helps!

Your ideal pink: coral pink

"Coral pink looks good on everyone," says makeup artist Jane McKay. But it really pops on skin tones like yours, so why not take advantage? For a truly bold yet wearable coral pink, try Laura Mercier Lip Colour in Camellia, $22. A sheer, subtle option: Tropez Ultra Glaze Lip Gloss in Catz Meow, $1.99.

Tip: Your skin tone also allows you to experiment with blue-based pinks ... if you dare. "Fear of pink is usually related to pinks that have a blue undertone, which really screams, 'color,'" says makeup artist John Fussell. Ease into it with Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pout, $18, or if you choose to dive in, try a rich gloss-lipstick hybrid like Chanel Creme Gloss Lumiere in Madeline, $32. (A word of caution: Bluish pinks can make teeth look more yellow, so keep those pearly whites white!)

Trusted Contributor

You might like Mally high shine liquid lipstick in the color super natural, which is a very pretty neutral. Even though it's called lipstick, I think it's more of a gloss, though it has a bit more pigment than most glosses. It's super shiny.

Super Contributor

Think you would love Dior Fluid Stick in "Rieuse". Part gloss, part lipstick and color is gorgeous.
Super Contributor

Clarins in papaya. Great color, great gloss.
Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Desi said:

Hope this helps!

Your ideal pink: coral pink

"Coral pink looks good on everyone," says makeup artist Jane McKay. But it really pops on skin tones like yours, so why not take advantage? For a truly bold yet wearable coral pink, try Laura Mercier Lip Colour in Camellia, $22. A sheer, subtle option: Tropez Ultra Glaze Lip Gloss in Catz Meow, $1.99.

Tip: Your skin tone also allows you to experiment with blue-based pinks ... if you dare. "Fear of pink is usually related to pinks that have a blue undertone, which really screams, 'color,'" says makeup artist John Fussell. Ease into it with Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pout, $18, or if you choose to dive in, try a rich gloss-lipstick hybrid like Chanel Creme Gloss Lumiere in Madeline, $32. (A word of caution: Bluish pinks can make teeth look more yellow, so keep those pearly whites white!)

I just looked up the LM Camellia is a very bright pink not at all coral /pink and the Smashbox lip gloss in in pout is a very ugly pink not at all coral/pink. I went to the website and took the 5 question test and no matter what you put in for answers the same lipsticks as the poster mentioned above come up. Coral/pink sounds pretty but these weren't it.

Esteemed Contributor

Cuddlesmama if it must be a lipgloss you may like IT Cosmetics Gloss Stains. The name sounds like an oxymoron -- a lipgloss which stays put, but in this case it's true. When I bought mine, I tried hard get it to disappear and could not. The slightest hint of the color lingers on your lips until removed with cleanser. As for your colors which may fit with what you asked for, I'd like to suggest Je Ne Sais Quoi and Naturally Flushed. Both of those colors are quite neutral -- but lean toward pink. Je Ne Sais Quoi is really neat in that it will wear more coral or pink depending on your lip tone and body chemistry (heat). Naturally Flushed is pinky nude. I really love both shades and my coloring is completely different from yours (caramel brown). On the other hand, I have a friend who could use Pillsbury flour for powder, and she looks good in both colors too.

The QVC set A231988 which they call Pink Flush may be good for you too. QVC set includes a Gloss Stain and Lipstick Stain. The IT 4-in-1 Lipstick Stain is rather mushy in texture, and I wouldn't buy it alone. However, it's ok enough to be a decent add-on product.

Respected Contributor

Check out the Liptastic set that QVC's selling. It's eight lip glosses, many of which are neutral/pink with a bright berry from Tarte that I liked best. There aren't any that have a coral tint, though.

Respected Contributor

I think you might like the Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in ""Peony"". Very pretty!

Super Contributor

I just received the Doll 10 nude lip wardrobe A257911. It has 2 lipsticks and 2 glosses. I really like the colors- they are natural lip colors - just a little deeper. The lipsticks glide on really smooth and the color lasts. The glosses add more shine. They are really moisturizing as well.

They are on waitlist now, however.