Frequent Contributor

SCHWARZKOPF HAIR COLOR / NEW ULTIMATE COLOR FOR HOME USE

Is anyone familiar with this brand of permanent hair color? I saw an ad for it in the new issue of Allure magazine. I have heard of it but never had a colorist use it on my hair. It is now available at Walmart. It has been a very long time since I DIY'd my hair at home but this looks really good. What do you think, should I take the plunge?

Valued Contributor

Re: SCHWARZKOPF HAIR COLOR / NEW ULTIMATE COLOR FOR HOME USE

My stylist used it when I was getting my hair professionally colored. She considered it the least toxic brand and the color was good.

Valued Contributor

I have been eyeing it because they have what appears to be my perfect shade -- Light Copper Red. I'm waiting for some reviews online before I dive in.

Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 nunu4u said:

My stylist used it when I was getting my hair professionally colored. She considered it the least toxic brand and the color was good.

Sounds promising ... I will have to check it out.

Thanks to OP for bringing it to my attention.

Super Contributor

My colorist used this brand of color on my hair for several years, and I liked it until

the second shampoo, but red hair color is known to fade quickly, no matter the brand, but this seemed to fade more quickly than others. What he used on me would be the older formula, not the new one.

Occasional Contributor

Schwarzkopf is a very reputable and well established German brand. I used their products for years in Europe.
They are a professional grade, hair cosmetic company with 111 years of consumer's trust. Always innovating and maintaining higher standards.
I would recommend Schwarzkopf to anyone, I am so glad to see it now available in the US!

Respected Contributor

It is an excellent brand. That being said the problem with home hair coloring for many is not the product but rather how it is applied. When I did my own color, I'd sometimes end up with hot roots or ombre shading down the length. We've all seen that look where the roots are orange and the shaft is brown.

My colorist knows exactly how to apply to my roots only then use a soap cap.

Respected Contributor

Gee wizz! Thanks. I now have another color to try and a whole line of products to drive into. I'm checking now to see if they are at my WM or a near by one!

Super Contributor

My hair dresser used it on me several times and we had to change brands as it made my hair very dry and frizzy.
Honored Contributor

I have used schwartzkopf hair color for about 20 years. I was really fond of their demi color. I also have used the permanent color. I have very red hair. I found the color lasted, the gloss and shine was extreme, and the condition was better after tinting. Excellent product. They are known for their reds.

I do not shop Walmart. Is there any other place that sells it? What is it called, do you know?