Honored Contributor
I'm home today because of the snow storm so I thought I'd make good use of my time. Organizing my skincare and holy cow how did I amass so much!? I have SSC, Philosophy, Dr. Denese, Rodial, an over abundance of Skinn, not to mention the generous deluxe samples I got from Target and Wal-Mart beauty boxes! Dimitri gets me every time, he's some salesman.I would be embarrassed if anyone were to see my stash ( I know you ladies are not judgmental).I just have to not watch Dimitri's shows or just sit on my hands!
Super Contributor

I hear ya! I've been trying to de-clutter my drawers and closet space the last few days, what a process, and a big part of the clutter is beauty products! I've only done some towels, blankets and some clothes so far, but I plan to tackle, and hopefully throw away, a bunch of old beauty products that are just taking up space! Under my bathroom sink is basically all storage, and I need to turn it into use-able space! I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, so I don't have much room to work with as it is, but I'm determined to finally get it into shape and out of clutter. It feels so good and calming once everything is organized and neat.

Respected Contributor

I am on a roll to de-clutter, and if you are still in the mood to purchase after throwing out and organizing your cosmetic stash, I suggest you seek professional help. LOL No shopping channel personality could make me purchase a darn thing right now. I am totally ashamed of myself for being so stacked up, and for what I've had to throw away.

Honored Contributor

Yep, I know this feeling. I've been using up things that didn't work well for me for whatever reason (scent, irritation, moved on to the next big thing, etc) on my hands and arms. My hands look much better and I don't waste things by not using them.

Honored Contributor

You're preachin' to the choir. Wink It can be so easy to get caught up in things sometimes, can't it? My DH and I went away for a few days last week (Thurs.-Sun.). I brought everything with me, even my mask and SKINN ABC Peel so I wouldn't get off schedule. I swear my stuff took up most of the counter space in the bathroom. My sister, who barely does anything special and is doing good if she can get some mascara and lipstick on, were going to join us on Saturday. There was a possibility of them arriving before their room was going to be ready. If that happened, we were going to put their bags in our room. It turned out that their room was ready, but Saturday night after our evening event, they were going to come back to visit a bit and I was more than a little nervous about her using our bathroom and seeing all my products lined up because I knew she'd give me the third degree. As is was, that didn't happen, but it's made me stop and think.

I like taking care of my skin and want to continue on a good plan. I'm very happy with SKINN, but I wonder if I'm using too many things that overlap. I bought a few things that last time Dimitri was on, one of them being a kit with the AM and PM eye balms. The one I chose came with an eyeshadow palette too. That kit's going back. All of the eyeshadows in the palette have shimmer and the AM product is very greasy. I just thought the balm would sort of seal things in during the winter, but I'm sure I have other things that will do that, if needed. I shouldn't have even bought the kit in the first place because the Mad Hippie Eye Cream I use is a very good product and has been working great for me. I've been layering Eye Stem Rejen over it, because I got it in December, but do I really need that? Probably not. Eventually, when I start running out of things, I will re-evaluate again to keep up with my favorites and maybe go back to some old basic drugstore products I've used in the past.

Honored Contributor

I have been jonesing for stuff for a couple of weeks now despite the fact that I too have amassed a collection of products.

I've not gone over the edge yet but I could end up there. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I do only have 1 cleanser I use evening only and it's almost gone but I have a back-up. I have 1 morning cleanser.

I seem to have accumulated a few nighttime (non-SPF) moisturizers but none of them are really wowing me and although I have 2 eye creams, neither of them are wowing me either.

I'm really trying to hold strong though but I feel myself folding like a cheap umbrella.

Respected Contributor

I was stuck in this cycle for years! After I retired, things became so much simpler for me in many areas of my life. I have scaled down my skin care routine to the very basics that work for me: Simple facial cleanser/moisturizer w/spf, and Skinn's Enriched Softening Essence (not in that order). Not only has my skin improved tremendously, but I've saved tons of money.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I'm ashamed too Smiley Sad I've been staying away from beauty purchases for the most part, and actually spending my money on things I need like home goods.

Honored Contributor
I only watch Jamie's IT cosmetics shows and only about 30 minutes of a full IT show. I don't watch any othet cosmetic or skincare show on any shopping channel.
Honored Contributor

The two biggest triggers for someone who is very vulnerable to suggestion are to watch presentations and -- hate to say this -- to read this board.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland