Regular Contributor

Need help covering red/blue cheeks

During the winter when I'm cold, my red rosacea cheeks get a blue tint that looks less than lovely and I can't find anything to camouflage the blue. I have Raynaud's, so my face and fingers get blue when I'm cold (if I dress super warmly, I flush too much with the rosacea). I've tried yellow powder (which does work really well to cover the redness, but not the blue), yellow based foundations, primers, tinted moisturizers and nothing works. I don't want to totally cover the redness, but just tone it down while cancelling the blue, if that's possible. My skin is fair and sensitive and makeup that is more on the natural side works better for me. I was thinking of trying one of the IT foundations since I haven't tried those yet.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help covering red/blue cheeks

Here's some information on color correcting concealers

http://www.makeup.com/color-correcting-concealer/

Honored Contributor

I don't know how fair you are, but you could try the It Cosmetics Bye-Bye Redness cream. I'm very fair and it's too dark for me, but you might be able to get away with it. If you have an Ulta in your area, call them to see if they carry it so that you can try before you buy.

Respected Contributor

I'd go to a Sephora-type store and experiment with the samples. Ask the salesperson what she suggests. Then, after you've narrowed it down to three or four possibilities, ask for a tiny sample of each to take home. They have these little plastic capful-sized jars for samples. Go home and try each one and see how it wears over a few hours. Check your make-up in bright sunlight. This might help you to find something that truly works for you.

Honored Contributor

Violet, I have a friend with Raynauds but in her toes. My suggestion would be Laura Mercier's Secret Camaflouge. If it can cover darkness, I would think it would help you out. Nordstrom sells it so you can get free shipping and if it doesn't work out, you can return it. Good luck to you. Have you heard about Botox for Raynauds? It has been on our local news a couple of times and it works but not sure if insurance covers it yet. Good luck to you.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the very helpful suggestions! I would love to go to Sephora for samples, but the closest one is hours away. Ulta is an hour away, so I could check out the Bye Bye Redness. I'm pretty fair so I'm thinking it might be too dark for me too, Chynna Blue, but it's worth a try. KatCat, I haven't heard of Botox for Raynaud's. That would be great if insurance would cover it! I'll check Nordstrom online for the Secret Camoflauge. Nordstrom is great to order from with the free shipping!

Respected Contributor

I have rosacea and green cover up is worthless on me. I need yellow. I like Adrienne's SCA Industrial Strength yellow concealer. But I do use MAC NC-20 every single day before my foundation to cover up any areas I need to.

Valued Contributor

The ONLY thing I have found that works on it for me is the LAVENDER colored concealer by Signature Club A (Adrienne-HSN). At this point in time, it's available in a compact with 2 shades of the cream makeup, in an oblong, black case. Also in some of the other carry-all makeup compacts. The first one I mentioned comes with a generous size of the Lavender. To me, it's a miracle product!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I don't know how fair you are, but you could try the It Cosmetics Bye-Bye Redness cream. I'm very fair and it's too dark for me, but you might be able to get away with it. If you have an Ulta in your area, call them to see if they carry it so that you can try before you buy.

This stuff is amazing - covers redness, acne scars and I'm sure will cover blue, but still looks like you have nothing on. I have light-medium skin and it disappears into my skin. It's expensive, but it's very concentrated so lasts a long time. Sign up on the IT website and they will send you special offers.

Valued Contributor

The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness product worked for me. The coverage is great! You can order it directly from the company. I think they offer free shipping over $25.00. Also, you can return it if it doesn't work for you.