Honored Contributor

Anyone getting it? I watched the presentation but they didn't say what type of sunscreen it was (physical or chemical or both) which is what I need to know most- unless I missed it? Ingredients aren't listed on QVC.com either. I didn't have any luck with the Algenist product I tried a long time ago but I love tinted moisturizer so was curious about it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Algenist tinted moisturizer

Hey HappyDaze, They sold out of my shade early. I looked for the type of sunscreen, too. I don't want the chemical version. I guess I will check one of the box stores when I'm there next if no one posts the answer.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Lally. Smiley Happy Were you wanting the fair? That is the only thing I wasn't sure about since they didn't swatch colors and they didn't have a shade chart for fair and honestly, the light person looked very fair to me so it made me more confused. I haven't found anything about it online either (regarding ingredients).

Regular Contributor

Hey HD, I'm not sure how accurate the list on Beautypedia is, but Algenist is listed under brands that test on animals.
Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Serena-1130 said: Hey HD, I'm not sure how accurate the list on Beautypedia is, but Algenist is listed under brands that test on animals.

ugh, okay I didn't think they did but that is good to know and I will certainly look further into this now. Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: hm, just did a quick search and am finding that Algenist states they do not test on animals nor do they use animal derived ingredients. I think this may be a case where PB is wrong, which she states her animal testing notation isn't always accurate. But I will continue to dig a bit more.

Frequent Contributor

The ingredients for the tinted moisturizer are provided under item number A258586, the one that sold out earlier today. I'm not an expert on sunscreens but it looks like it's a combination of chemical and physical.

Valued Contributor

Happy, I wish the vendors or host would swatch the shades. I am cool toned, so if there is yellow undertones, it won't work for me. I haven't a clue if I can wear one of the lightest two shades. I am confused with you. However, I really do like the results of so many of Algenist's products.
On 1/26/2015 HappyDaze said:

Thanks Lally. Smiley Happy Were you wanting the fair? That is the only thing I wasn't sure about since they didn't swatch colors and they didn't have a shade chart for fair and honestly, the light person looked very fair to me so it made me more confused. I haven't found anything about it online either (regarding ingredients).

Regular Contributor

OK. I'm new to the animal testing scene. Happydaze, let me know your findings please. I'm actually interested in the tinted moisturizer also and the cleanser.

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Review 2 said:

The ingredients for the tinted moisturizer are provided under item number A258586, the one that sold out earlier today. I'm not an expert on sunscreens but it looks like it's a combination of chemical and physical.

oh awesome thank you! Well, it is a definite pass for me because yes, you are right, it is a combination of chemical and physical.

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Lally said:Happy, I wish the vendors or host would swatch the shades. I am cool toned, so if there is yellow undertones, it won't work for me. I haven't a clue if I can wear one of the lightest two shades. I am confused with you. However, I really do like the results of so many of Algenist's products.
On 1/26/2015 HappyDaze said:

I wish they would too. I am more neutral toned, but a tad more pink undertones so I too cannot do yellow undertones. I am glad you are getting good results from their products. Smiley Happy