Honored Contributor

BM Complexion Rescue Cream Or LG Baked Liquid Foundation

I just got an email for a new liquid foundation with brush from LG for $36.36. I was also looking at the new BM Complexion Rescue Cream with brush for about $40 (which is a good deal as it would be $57 elsewhere). I'm only going to purchase one of these and am leaning towards the BM one. Which one would you get?

Regular Contributor

Re: BM Complexion Rescue Cream Or LG Baked Liquid Foundation

The laura Geller looks very interesting, but ill wait for reviews. I got a nice sample of the complexion rescue and have used it for 4 days straight and love it. I have VERY dry, sensitive skin with Rosacea and this kept me hydrated all day. the coverage is light so I have to spot conceal the worst of my redness but it is a lovely texture and dry down-not too dewy but not matte. I really do like it so far-want to try with some primers etc but don't want the primer to block the hydration. I think I have enough in my sample for a few more days! I suggest trying the BE first, and that may help you decide.

Trusted Contributor

One thing you may want to consider is the ingredients. BM uses more natural ingredients. The LG has chemical sunscreens and silicones. I'm going to swatch the BM in person at the store before buying, to get the color right.

Valued Contributor

Bare Minerals.
Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2015 pas4116 said:

One thing you may want to consider is the ingredients. BM uses more natural ingredients. The LG has chemical sunscreens and silicones. I'm going to swatch the BM in person at the store before buying, to get the color right.

ITA. The BM ingredients look very nice.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to get the BM.
Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered both Laura's and the Bare Minerals. I'm happy that I won't receive Laura's until early April. I'm sure both will be good because I never had a problem with Laura's baked foundation. I love the Bare Minerals Serum Foundation, so hoping this one is just as good.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered Laura's...I'm in the minority here, but I've just never had any luck with BE products. These days, nearly all my makeup (except lipstuff) is LG!

Regular Contributor

On 1/11/2015 RachB said: Water, Coconut Alkanes, Propanediol, Squalane, Trehalose, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin, Silica, Agar, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Globularia Cordifolia Callus Culture Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Melilotus Officinalis Extract, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Butylene Glycol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinoglycan, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/Succinate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Hydroxide, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

The above list is for the new Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I was looking forward to trying this product; however, propanediol is an ingredient that I cannot use. According to the list provided by my derm, propanediol is another name for propylene glycol, which is a cosmetic allergen for me. Results of the cosmetic ingredient testing done by my derm showed that my skin turned bright red and was extremely irritated where propylene glycol was applied indicating I have a contact allergy. Since avoiding this ingredient, as well as my other allergens of fragrance, gold, and balsam of peru, my facial redness has greatly diminished.

Contributor

I just received the BM rescue and I'm not sure about it yet. It does feel nice on skin. It is very lightweight and isn't oily. I love the brush from QVC too. I just don't know if it's enough coverage for me. I just received the IT TSV CC cream and that covers better. I'm on the fence about the BM complexion rescue. It would be nice for no make up days I guess, but I have very few of those and not sure it's worth it.