Honored Contributor

I know you are really experimenting with doing your own skincare so I was wondering what websites you use to source your ingredients? TIA!

Super Contributor

Just me kicking this up, HD.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Maren! Smiley Happy I know she isn't on very often so I may have to kick it up a few times. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

kick it

Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Meeras said:

kick it

Respected Contributor

Sorry, HD! Had to get a nudge from SQ3 to learn of this. And, OMG, so many sources. It depends on what you are looking for. There are strengths and weaknesses to them all. I've been using about seven, I think. Have my favs but there are insane price differences. If it is just an oil or two post it here and I can answer. If more than that, get my email from you know who{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} (in't she the best) and give me an idea what exactly it is you're looking for.

Are you thinking of dipping your toe into chemistry class? I can not believe how into this I am. Maybe this is how artists and musicians minds work. I literally have formulations and ideas in my head constantly now. It seems to not shut off. And everything just keeps improving! No incentive to stop or even slow down.

Honored Contributor

Hi Bella! I was just curious what websites you have found that you feel are legit and provide fresh, quality ingredients. I will get your email from her and email you and we can chat more about it. Smile

Respected Contributor
On 1/26/2015 HappyDaze said:

Hi Bella! I was just curious what websites you have found that you feel are legit and provide fresh, quality ingredients. I will get your email from her and email you and we can chat more about it. Smile

The top two in my mind are The Herbarie in SC and LotionCrafters in WA, I think. I love the customer service from The Herbarie and how sincerely helpful they are. I'm sure LotionCrafters would be also but I haven't had to ask them a question yet. Both have outstanding shipping times. Some suppliers can take weeks to even ship out with very high shipping rates. One had a sale on 12/30. I rec'd my order 1/20. At least they have free shipping. They are about the only ones with free shipping. Happy to chat more about it anytime.
Trusted Contributor

not trying to butt into your thread but I know the posters on this thread are usually the ones who are in the know about organic and natural products. I came across a company selling organic skincare at Whole Foods and purchased one of their facial soap bars and it is really, really nice.

I looked and saw they have a website with some really nice looking things so I am going to post it here if any of you are interested in these products. Just one more line to put in your arsenal when looking for good products.

Chagrin Valley Soap

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 mochachino said:

not trying to butt into your thread but I know the posters on this thread are usually the ones who are in the know about organic and natural products. I came across a company selling organic skincare at Whole Foods and purchased one of their facial soap bars and it is really, really nice.

I looked and saw they have a website with some really nice looking things so I am going to post it here if any of you are interested in these products. Just one more line to put in your arsenal when looking for good products.

Chagrin Valley Soap

mochachino, we were talking more about the suppliers to find the ingredients to make items similar to this vendor. I've taken the plunge and have been formulating skin care products. My focus has been on body care but I'm beginning to look at neck up.

While I try to use organic and "natural" when it makes sense and is affordable for my formulating budget I do not usually 100%. I also question what "natural" really means. I see cetyl, cetearyl, behenyl alcohols, stearic acid, glycerol stearate, sorbitan potassium, etc... in lines that claim "natural" all the time. These are probably all derived from natural origins like coconut but they are processed by a human hand to get the end result. Mind you, I use some of these all the time. In fact, I've tried formulating without them and the result is just nasty. So, I completely understand using them and realize their value but, again, question the "natural" moniker.