Super Contributor

I know awhile back there was a discussion and some ordered it. I'm using a Retin-a cream every other night and not sure whether it's doing anything or not. I was thinking of trying an OTC Retinol and seeing if I see any changes. What do those of you who've tried this think of it? Any results? Plan on repurchasing? TIA:-))))

Super Contributor

Re: Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum

Anybody?

I guess I can give my own review in a little while. I ordered the Vitamin A Serum along with the eye cream. iHerb is having an excellent sale through Wednesday I think. I got both for around $37.

Respected Contributor

I know there was a lot of talk about Mad Hippie a while back. I haven't used any but I did see them at a Earth Faire Market & wondered what people like. Because of course I couldn't remember....

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Dusty1 said:

I know there was a lot of talk about Mad Hippie a while back. I haven't used any but I did see them at a Earth Faire Market & wondered what people like. Because of course I couldn't remember....

That's what I remember too. There was a lot of talk and I remember some had ordered it. I just don't remember anyone posting back about how they liked it.

Thanks for your reply:-)

Respected Contributor

Didn't want you to feel like you were talking to yourself, even though I couldn't answer the question. No reviews on Makeup Alley, either.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Dusty1 said:

Didn't want you to feel like you were talking to yourself, even though I couldn't answer the question. No reviews on Makeup Alley, either.

It is still pretty new. There weren't any reviews on iherb either.

Honored Contributor

I know magemay has been using it and has repurchased. She's very happy with it. Before I got my new script for RetinA filled, I gave it a go and had no complaints or adverse affects. I still believe the prescription RetinA is better, but there are people who don't want to bother with seeing a dermatologist and either are unable or don't want to go the prescription route so this it an ideal option for them.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I know magemay has been using it and has repurchased. She's very happy with it. Before I got my new script for RetinA filled, I gave it a go and had no complaints or adverse affects. I still believe the prescription RetinA is better, but there are people who don't want to bother with seeing a dermatologist and either are unable or don't want to go the prescription route so this it an ideal option for them.

Thanks JLF! If my skin starts looking bad, I'll know the Retin-a is doing more than it seems. I like that I can apply a Retinol product under my eyes and on my neck. I don't apply the Retin-a in those places. We'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to trying the serum and eye cream:-)

Respected Contributor

On 1/26/2015 myshell624 said:

Thanks JLF! If my skin starts looking bad, I'll know the Retin-a is doing more than it seems. I like that I can apply a Retinol product under my eyes and on my neck. I don't apply the Retin-a in those places. We'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to trying the serum and eye cream:-)

Is this the product with a supposedly new form of Vit A? I remember a lot of talk about it here. Do you recall the form of A or what made it so different? Or, am I recalling a new form of C? I hope you love it, myshell. Please let us know!
Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 1/26/2015 myshell624 said:

Is this the product with a supposedly new form of Vit A? I remember a lot of talk about it here. Do you recall the form of A or what made it so different? Or, am I recalling a new form of C? I hope you love it, myshell. Please let us know!

BC - yes, it's the new (out since sometime last fall) Vitamin A Serum. It's packed with antioxidants, sodium hyaluronate and coconut oil. The form of Vitamin A is called Retinyl Retinoate. You can read about it on the MH blog that describes it in comparison to other retinoids.
http://www.madhippie.com/blog/?p=880