Regular Contributor

Nailtiques Formula 2- Thanks so very much for the recommendation!

Good day, all! I just wanted to thank those of you who recommend the Nailtiques Formula 2 for splitting, peeling fingernails. I purchased a bottle a month or so ago and am so very pleased. My fingernails are now actually a bit beyond my fingertips and that hasn't happened for 2+ years!

I used to have nice nails but moved 2 years ago and that's when my problems began. I don't know if it was because I'm older now, or because I purchased a home without a dishwasher and washed dishes by hand for months, or because of a difference in the water, or because of a difference in my diet. Whatever caused the issue has not completely disappeared -- but the Nailtiques polish really does seem to "bond" the layers of my nails together and keep them from splitting.

Thank you so very much for the recommendation!!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Rebecca J.

PS -- I remodeled my kitchen and now have a dishwasher -- yay!

Regular Contributor

Re: Nailtiques Formula 2- Thanks so very much for the recommendation!

This is the only nail treatment product that has ever actually worked for me, not that I've tried a million! You do have to give it a good month to work. I'll go through a bottle, and then I find several months down the line, I need to start over. I got the larger bottle a couple of months ago, and my nails are finally almost done splitting and peeling. I'm going to try to keep using it at least a couple of times a week.

Do you put on a new coat every day? How often do you use remover to clear off the old and start fresh? I'd don't like the feel of more than 2 coats at at time, but worry that the nail polish remover is not good to use often.

Honored Contributor

Be aware that this product gets very thick quickly in the bottle, best to buy their thinner , you will most likely need it.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the feedback--just bought some to try. My nails were fairly sturdy until about 6 weeks ago. Not sure what happened but....yikes!
Super Contributor

It is great isn't it? This is probably my favorite nail product. It works miracles.

Super Contributor

Rebecca, congrats on your nails, and your dishwasher!

shoppingless, you could try a non acetone remover. It's not as harsh on your nails. Nailtiques does make one, but any of them will do. I'm currently using The Stripper by Deborah Lippmann and love it. Really though, it seemed to work better, to me, by leaving it on for the entire week. After 2-3 weeks, you apply less as your nails get stronger.

When I was using Nailtiques Formula II (I'm currently testing another brand, NailTek Foundation II), I applied a coat every day for about 3 weeks. Then I applied every other day for a few more weeks. After that I began using it as a base coat for my polish, which I changed 2-3 times per week. That's what worked for me, but you apply as often as feel is necessary for you.

The instructions for Nailtiques Formula II;

"For initial treatment, apply one coat without color polish. Re-apply daily until nails improve and feel stronger. As nails improve, apply every other day. Remove weekly, or as needed with Nailtiques Remover or Nailtiques Remover with Acetone."

Regular Contributor

On 1/25/2015 shoppingless said:

This is the only nail treatment product that has ever actually worked for me, not that I've tried a million! You do have to give it a good month to work. I'll go through a bottle, and then I find several months down the line, I need to start over. I got the larger bottle a couple of months ago, and my nails are finally almost done splitting and peeling. I'm going to try to keep using it at least a couple of times a week.

Do you put on a new coat every day? How often do you use remover to clear off the old and start fresh? I'd don't like the feel of more than 2 coats at at time, but worry that the nail polish remover is not good to use often.

Hi, shoppingless. I put on one coat a day for a week; then, I remove all layers (usually on Friday night). I soak my fingernails to push back the cuticles then I massage a good oil (argan, olive, whatever I have) into the nails and leave that on overnight. The next day, I apply two coats and then one coat per day. I find it tends to chip off where I really need it -- the tips of my nails. I'm not yet comfortable enough to go with every-other-day or twice a week. Maybe in a month or two.

I hope it works as well for you as it has for me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Rebecca J.

Regular Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Shelbelle said:

Be aware that this product gets very thick quickly in the bottle, best to buy their thinner , you will most likely need it.

Thanks, Shelbelle. So far, so good -- it hasn't thickened but I'll know what to get when it does. Smile

Rebecca J.

Regular Contributor

On 1/25/2015 lucylover64 said: Thanks for the feedback--just bought some to try. My nails were fairly sturdy until about 6 weeks ago. Not sure what happened but....yikes!

I had the same experience about 2 years ago; no clue what happened (old age, I suspect!) I hope it works for you, too. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Rebecca J.

Regular Contributor

On 1/25/2015 imaclotheshog said:

It is great isn't it? This is probably my favorite nail product. It works miracles.

It's certainly been a little miracle worker for me and I am SO grateful!

Rebecca J.