Super Contributor

Most NATURAL (or Least DAMAGING ) HAIR COLOR DYE for Gray GREY Roots?

I love the Clairol root Touch Up 10 minute but would like something more natural, but just as easy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Most NATURAL (or Least DAMAGING ) HAIR COLOR DYE for Gray GREY Roots?

I like the Clairol Root Touch-Up also (very natural on me), but wish there was more of it in the box. My hairdresser said to use a demi-permanent hair color, NOT permanent hair color for root touch-ups.

The only demi-permanent I have found is made by Garnier or Sally Beauty (Ion Demi Color Brillance).

Honored Contributor

Semi-permanent root touch-up is more natural - and healthier - but may not cover as well nor last as long.

But you could also use the well-reviewed "Roux 'Tween Time' Time Touch-Up Stick", which is like a haircolor lipstick that you just moisten and apply. Fast and super-easy. 8)

221250616156.jpg (200×200)

I found out about it on this board, and am thankful it was recommended as I color my own hair with semi-permanent or demi-permanent dye.

With the "Tween Time", my scalp is in better health since it's not permanent hair color like Clairol's Root Touch-Up. Although I did love using that for the decades that I used permanent haircolor instead.

HTH, and just Google semi-permanent root touch up. 8)

Honored Contributor

Basic Instincts is a color by Clairol that has no ammonia (less damaging). I used it for many years until I decided to go salt & pepper. When I stopped coloring my hair was healthy & shiny.

kindness is strength