Respected Contributor

Looking for Under-eye Concealer and Brightener

I have puffiness and dark shadows under my eyes and am looking for an eye cream that will cover and brighten that area. I have very dry skin and sensitive eyes! Any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Under-eye Concealer and Brightener

My two suggestions would be Laura Mercier or Trish McEvoy. They both have excellent products. I currently use LM's secret concealer but she has other products that address your issues. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

My mom gave me a little sample of her Mally Perfect Prep Undereye Brighter. I was very impressed I do not were foundation and all I was looking for is something moisturizing that diminishes dark eyes and something to put on redness. I really like it and you only need a little. I really does what Mally says Sunshine in a jar..the only actual makeup I wear is mascara. So now my eyes are bright and not dark.
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 KatCat1 said:

My two suggestions would be Laura Mercier or Trish McEvoy. They both have excellent products. I currently use LM's secret concealer but she has other products that address your issues. Good luck.

I was recently on Laura M.'s site and she has a brightener but also the secret camoflauge that receive great reviews eliminating darkness & brightening so check it out. Nordstrom sells it also for free shpg. One great thing is both Laura & Nordstrom take returns if it does not work out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I use and have used Dermablend in Chroma 00. It is highly pigmented and protects the eye area from UV rays -- keeps the area moisturized, too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Depending upon how much darkness you need to cover, you might want to get two different products for your needs.

I have increasing hollows that create dark shadows under my eyes, as well as some regular old darkness, so I first and foremost need an excellent concealer that will cover to the best of its ability. My preference is It Cosmetics BBUE in the tube.

Once you're covered, then you could use a brightening product. I'm sure there are several out there. I've been using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer in their "Brightener" shade. Another poster here recommended it as somewhat of a dupe of YSL Touche Eclat. A little goes a long way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I've been on the hunt also for an under eye concealer. I ordered MAC pro long wear in NC 20 from Nordstrom and it's a hit. One reason I did order from Nordstrom was because of their return policy. I also have dry skin, but I really love it. HTH and good luck! I know it's aggravating!
Trusted Contributor

I would also recommend Laura Merc. (Undercover pot NOT the secret camouflage which is actually great for face but horrid and drying under the eyes.) Only conceal where the dark shadows are and do not put anything lighter or brighter on the puffiness/bags or you will only make them look even puffier and larger.

Trusted Contributor

My favorites are IT cosmetics under eye corrector and Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer.

Respected Contributor

Maybelline Eraser; 2 kinds. 1 is for circles and another is for brightening. Considerably less expensive than Laura Mercier or Trish McAvoy.