Valued Contributor

Anyone using Avon beauty products with great results?

Firstly, I have no affiliation with Avon. I am frugal and continue to look for reasonably priced products that are effective. I currently use Anew Platium Day and night creams that have helped with firming 60 year old my jowl area and neck but still my skin seems dull and not very radiant.

The prices are reasonable, well the Anew a little pricey but I order multiples when on special and used to use the Dramatic Firming Cream with great results (read the review of this $8 product) but as I got older, it seems drying.

What have you been using with good results?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone using Avon beauty products with great results?

I have used the Avon eye make up remover (creamy consistency), I can't quite remember the exact name. I also like the original skin so soft lotion and rare diamonds fragrance.

Esteemed Contributor

I like and use their eyebrow, eyeliner and lip pencils. I also love the stick blush.

As far as skincare goes, I have used the Dramatic Firming Cream but switched over to Skinn so I am using it up on my hands. It is a very nice cream though, and well priced.

About the only other Avon skincare I am currently using are the Glycolic peel pads.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what you mean by good results. I'm a very happy AVON customer, I have been for over 20 years. Im 54 and I use the ANEW skincare line. I use the "red" formulation because I didnt like or need the heavy "gold" formulation meant for 50ish skin. I use only the cleanser and the daytime moisturizer in am and pm. I use their BB cream and a wide assortment of their lip and nail color. I'm happy with the condition of my skin and my makeup. I use IT BBUE for my concealor because it's far better than any AVON concealor that I ever tried. I only use AVON body lotions, shower gels and colognes. I'm addicted to scented products. Right now my favorite scent is Kyoto Flower Haiku, my husband likes it on me too. In the summer, I switch to a lighter fruity fragrance. The products are high quality and the prices are reasonable and three women at work sell it, so Im happy. I love my beauty and skincare products but I won't over pay and I don't believe in sales pitches and over the top hype. So, I never really got into any shopping channel beauty products.
Esteemed Contributor

The only Avon skin care product I still use is the Dramatic Firming Cream. I've used it for over 10 years and won't be without it! I stock up when they have ""3 for $10"" sales so always have a stash in my refrigerator.

One of my fave Avon products was the Planet Spa Shea Butter -- but they discontinued it. Boo Hiss!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have been using their skin care products for years and love them. I use the Anew platinum line. I think my skin looks great for my age.
Respected Contributor

I love avon. I like the old discontinued anew that was in the greenish bottles. I use their cheaper face creams. You can get pretty good sales.

Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 tototwo said:

The only Avon skin care product I still use is the Dramatic Firming Cream. I've used it for over 10 years and won't be without it! I stock up when they have ""3 for $10"" sales so always have a stash in my refrigerator.

One of my fave Avon products was the Planet Spa Shea Butter -- but they discontinued it. Boo Hiss!

Oh how I loved that planet spa Shea butter. Such a wonderful scent and the body balm was so smooth. I really miss it.
Super Contributor

I like:

1) Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Sensitive Skin Facial Hair Removal Cream

2) Ultra Glazewear Lipgloss in Candy Pink

3) Sweet Honesty Cologne Spray, an oldie but still goodie.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Avon. I buy their eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, cologne. Love their prices. I had not tried the Dramatic Firming Cream. Thanks for the information.