Contributor

Every single facial cleanser dtries me out in the winter

I'm really going to lose my mind. My winter facial skin is here. That means there is no cleanser I can use that will not dry out my skin. I've tried Tatcha, Boscia, philosophy, Paula, origins etc etc. for the love of God can someone please recommend a cleanser that will not make my skin feel tight red dry and worse then before I started make my skin feel tight dry and angry. Please? When I guess I should say that I use it to take my makeup off as well. Thanks for any help you all can give.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Every single facial cleanser dtries me out in the winter

Dove.

Contributor

cerave hydrating cleanser
Trusted Contributor

I recently got the Korres Greek Yogurt 3 in 1 cleanser. It's got a lot of oils in it, so takes off makeup and does not dry out my skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the scent is rather strong. Also Yogurt is the last ingredient, so the name is misleading. $24 for 6.7 ounces - not too bad.

Ingredients:Water, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Squalane, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Pentylene Glycol, Olivoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Sucrose Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Isohexadecane, Lactic Acid, Lactose, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Hydroxide, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Gluconate, Whey Protein, Yoghurt Powder.

Valued Contributor

Hi-I know it's pricey, but I LOVE Tatcha's cleansing oil. I have dry skin with some issues (see my siggy) and this has been great for me. I tend to not use it every day, however, b/c I have a few other cleansers in rotation. So maybe this helps me believe that it's not too expensive to keep using. {#emotions_dlg.crying}Cool

Contributor

I am using the Tatcha cleansing oil currently and I have two really dry spots under my eyes basically on the apples of my cheeks. I will try anything to feel better after washing my face!
Honored Contributor

One love organics cleansing oil. LOVE this stuff for my dry skin.

Honored Contributor

First of all I use Marula oil (by acure organics) and it balances out my skin so I am never dry even in the cold winter air. I use Neutrogena Pore Refining facial wash which never dries my skin and cleans it well. I use both once a day, The wash to remove my makeup and the oil at bedtime. You may want to start off using the oil 2 x a day but only a couple of drops. Neutrogena facial wipes are good for removing facial and eye makeup if you want to give them try but I feel at least once a day you need the facial wash. Once a week, I exfoliate with alba Botanica Hawaiian exfoliator which is gentle.

kindness is strength
New Contributor

Organic coconut oil!

Occasional Contributor

Josie Marian's cleansing oil!! I love this product!!! It balances out your skin.