Trusted Contributor

Anyone ditch their moisturizer for argan oil?

I'm a philosophy "Miracle Worker" user but recently I discovered Josie's "Milk" and both the regular and light argan oils and I'm loving them more and more. I may be jumping the gun but I'm feeling like tossing out my chemical-filled moisturizers and serums and just sticking with natural argan products - but I'm wondering if argan is really better in the long run. Has anyone gone all argan? How have the results been? thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: Anyone ditch their moisturizer for argan oil?

I did the same few months back and have been quite happy with my decision. I feel good that i am using a 100% natural product and I think it works very well as a moisturizer. My skin feels soft and dewy. Just 2-3 drops are enough for the face. The only thing it lacks in is sunscreen. The moisturizer i was using previously had SPF, so i did not have to worry about using another product. Hope this helps.

Contributor

I'm now just using JM regular oil, that works best for my dry skin and also the milk these products have been great for my skin. Of course everybody's different.
Contributor

I'm now just using JM regular oil, that works best for my dry skin and also the milk these products have been great for my skin. Of course everybody's different.
Honored Contributor

I go back and forth. I don't really care whether something is "natural" or not, as that word doesn't really mean much. Everything I'm allergic to is natural, so natural isn't doing me any favors.

I love the Argan Milk and often use an oil over it and I'm done. I use argan, rose hip seed, maracuja, marula, and other oils. Some days I use a moisturizer instead of oil or between Milk and an oil, depending on what my skin needs. Other days I add oil to my moisturizer.

I add oils to my leave-in conditioner, my hand creams, and body lotions/creams all the time. My skin feels better longer when I do that and if the lotion is scented, the scent usually also lasts longer when I add some oil to it.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 redmondgal said:

I did the same few months back and have been quite happy with my decision. I feel good that i am using a 100% natural product and I think it works very well as a moisturizer. My skin feels soft and dewy. Just 2-3 drops are enough for the face. The only thing it lacks in is sunscreen. The moisturizer i was using previously had SPF, so i did not have to worry about using another product. Hope this helps.

Yes, it did help, thank you, redmondgal!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I go back and forth. I don't really care whether something is "natural" or not, as that word doesn't really mean much. Everything I'm allergic to is natural, so natural isn't doing me any favors.

I love the Argan Milk and often use an oil over it and I'm done. I use argan, rose hip seed, maracuja, marula, and other oils. Some days I use a moisturizer instead of oil or between Milk and an oil, depending on what my skin needs. Other days I add oil to my moisturizer.

I add oils to my leave-in conditioner, my hand creams, and body lotions/creams all the time. My skin feels better longer when I do that and if the lotion is scented, the scent usually also lasts longer when I add some oil to it.

Thank you, Chynna! There's something comforting about these argan products, I just instinctively reach for them. I tried the intensive hand cream and really love it, I'm sort of obsessed with it!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 noapologies said: I'm now just using JM regular oil, that works best for my dry skin and also the milk these products have been great for my skin. Of course everybody's different.

These products have been great for my skin too, noapologies. I'm slowly trying products from the line and the more I try the more I love it! I feel not only comforted in my skin but also just sort of emotionally soothed by them. Makes me sound kind of pitiful but that really is the reaction I have to these products.

Contributor

Yep. And I love it. I only use extra moisturizer for winter but I use her oil, balm, whipped body, and her color sticks and my skin has changed completely. That balm is amazing, a friend is getting older in his 60s and his skin condition is so compromised he would get skin tears on his arms from work. My hubby also would get cracked hands in winter- completely cleared up. To tell you the truth I wonder about it's antibacterial properties as I put it on a DEEP cut my friend got on his foot and it healed in less than a week.
Super Contributor

I love JM's argan oil, regular and light! But I usually use them under moisturizer because using them alone isn't quite enough moisture for me, I have combo skin but it drinks it right in. I do sometimes use oil argan oil regular at night to sleep in, it just depends. Also during the summer I use the argan oil light, and JM's new SPF 47 moisturizer, I really like it.

If you like using it alone, I say go for it!