Super Contributor

Harper's Bazaar "Seven Must-Have Beauty Products"

For those who live in the NYC metro area, did you see on the news the seven beauty products that Harper's deems Must-Haves? They included Loreal's Revitalift, Cover Girl's version of Mally's Poreless clear stuff in the compact, Sephora's sheet face masks, a PTR product, Estee Lauder's eyeliner (did not say if it was the Double Wear one on the air) and an Hourglass eyeliner, Cover FX color drops to mix into your moisturizer and Physicians Formula mascara with fibers (Extensions). Interesting...also in the magazine now or soon...

Honored Contributor

Re: Harper's Bazaar ""Seven Must-Have Beauty Products""

Interesting, I wonder what PTR product they were referring to, will have to check it out!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2015 KateChopin said:

Cover FX color drops to mix into your moisturizer and Physicians Formula mascara with fibers (Extensions). Interesting...also in the magazine now or soon...

thanks. I want to try the Pf mascara

Esteemed Contributor

I just cannot imagine that Cover Girl's poreless defender dupe is as good as Mally's product, although I confess I haven't tried that one.

I have tried Loreal's version and Avon's solid version (which I think is discontinued). Neither are nearly as good as Mally's. Not even close.

Now, Skinn's version is pretty good. I do like it. However, for me, Mally's poreless defender cannot be beat. It is amazing.

Regular Contributor

On 1/24/2015 BeckiWV said:

I just cannot imagine that Cover Girl's poreless defender dupe is as good as Mally's product, although I confess I haven't tried that one.

I have tried Loreal's version and Avon's solid version (which I think is discontinued). Neither are nearly as good as Mally's. Not even close.

Now, Skinn's version is pretty good. I do like it. However, for me, Mally's poreless defender cannot be beat. It is amazing.

Does the poreless defender make your skin look dry? Do you use it with a brush over your make-up (I use Smashbox Halo), or with a puff and press it into your skin?? Over or under make-up or does it matter? I'd like to try that!

Honored Contributor

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I'm actually using the Cover Girl version of Mally's Poreless Face Defender now. I learned about it here. It is softer in texture than Mally's. It is pretty close to the SKINN cosmetics version. I prefer Mally's (lasts longer) but, for so much less money, I will take the Cover Girl version. All three work pretty well.

They go on last - they are finishing products to help your look stay put & keep your face from getting shiny. They are applied with a sponge - patted on. I like the big fat sponge Mally has. I do not like or use the thin sponges that come with SKINN's or CG compacts. They all give a matte but sort of dewy finish, not dry looking at all. Very nice.

Regular Contributor

Oh, thank you willdob3!!! I think I'll go pick up the Cover Girl version today!

Super Contributor

I liked mallys pore defender but caused breakouts for me.
Respected Contributor

I'll have to go read Paula's reviews first, but thanks.

Super Contributor

Who decides these are the ""must haves""?