Occasional Contributor

Alterna bamboo 48 hour thickening spray

Gotta share this. A few years ago this lovely woman at work told me my hair was thinning on top. I can't stand her to this day but I went on a hunt to do something about it. I think it was medicines and all the abuse coloring straightening etc. I used everything and was happy but had not found the one. I did when I ordered Alterna. I also now roll my hair every day but I am being accused of having extensions and when I deny it someone else comes up and tries to get me to admit it and stares trying to figure it out. Today I got told I had gorgeous hair and come to think of it the other week a stranger walking In the mall said pretty hair as he passed. I love the tips I get here and had to share. I love love this stuff.
Respected Contributor

Re: Alterna bamboo 48 hour thickening spray

how does it work? does it thicken or just lift? try pantene full and strong shampoo. its new and not in all areas it gives you massive thickening volume

Trusted Contributor

I love this too! I ordered the Alterna trio that was a TSV with this volume spray, and a 32-ounce shampoo and conditioner for $49. The set was a great value and the spray is worth every penny. It is such an amazing product! I'm glad to see another fan Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I love the Alterna products. First purchase was the Caviar Shampoo and conditioner. Next I purchased the Bamboo Volumizing S&C. Purchased quite a few items in the Bamboo line and recently got the Caviar Volumizing (haven't tried it yet). Oh and the smell of the products love it.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2015 bunjetto said:

I love the Alterna products. First purchase was the Caviar Shampoo and conditioner. Next I purchased the Bamboo Volumizing S&C. Purchased quite a few items in the Bamboo line and recently got the Caviar Volumizing (haven't tried it yet). Oh and the smell of the products love it.

Can you tell us how the caviar volumizing compares to the bamboo volumizing s&c once you've tried it? I hadn't even realized they made caviar volumizing - I just purchased the spray here from Q, and then when the trio with spray, s&c were offered I got it on auto delivery if course! But I'm curious about the caviar as well. I love the fragrance and love the way that it feels.
Valued Contributor

On 1/22/2015 CAshopper2011 said:
On 1/22/2015 bunjetto said:

Can you tell us how the caviar volumizing compares to the bamboo volumizing s&c once you've tried it? I hadn't even realized they made caviar volumizing - I just purchased the spray here from Q, and then when the trio with spray, s&c were offered I got it on auto delivery if course! But I'm curious about the caviar as well. I love the fragrance and love the way that it feels.

Yes I will. Have you tried the Weightless Whipped Bamboo Volume Mousse? Good product! The Bamboo Plumping Strand Expand makes your hair feel and look thicker!

No thought is worth thinking.....
Trusted Contributor

I haven't, but just looked at the reviews on Sephora and they are great. I have straight, fine hair and I read other reviewers that have similar hair that loved this mousse. Hmm, I may have to add it to my next sephora order. I've gone through and tossed dozens of hair products that haven't worked for me so I don't mind picking up something from a brand I've grown to love. I currently use the spray on my wet roots, then blow dry my hair with my head upside down and it makes my hair look more full and "finished". I also use a little wen styling cream on the ends so that they don't look frazzled, and its been a good routine for me. But I'd like to try mousse from this brand since they are such nice products.
Honored Contributor

I love Alterna's strengthening spray as well. They have such nice products, wish they shows more often on QVC!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I just placed an order for the mousse and the plumping stuff--my""new "" hair came back so fine and thin and am looking for something to help. I tried a few products of this brand before and really liked them. I'll report back!!!

Respected Contributor

YES!! This is absolutely the best product I've ever used. I buy mine at Penney's. They run sales often. I picked up several at half off awhile back. They almost didn't sell them to me because they thought I was in business and this sale was for individuals. I assured them I wasn't in business, but just a 48 hr thickening spray hoarder!