Occasional Contributor

IT CC+ eye cream has glitter!?

I just got my IT TSV and I swear the eye cream has glitter in it! I just took a shower, put on my moisurizer and this eye cream is the only other thing I have put on my face and I'm seeing glitter! What the heck? Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? I put some on my hand and rubbed it in really sheer and yep its a very fine glitter. Disappointed Smiley Sad It just baffles me that an eye cream would have glitter in it....
Valued Contributor

Re: IT CC+ eye cream has glitter!?

That is the so-called "illuminating" quality. I know everyone seems to be loving this, but to me it's like putting a spotlight on my lines! And yes, it DOES crease in the lines using the tiniest amount.

Respected Contributor

If a product says it ""illuminates"" that means it has a ""glow-like"" or ""glitter-like"" quality to it. It's meant to make the eyes ""pop"". Women who have signifcant wrinkling or sagging around the eye area definitely would not want a product that ""illuminates"" that area.

Trusted Contributor

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but reading posts like this makes me concerned that I made a big mistake. What about the other products in the TSV - have you tried them and are you happy with them? I have the Celebration Foundation from the TSV in October and I'm not crazy about it. First of all its also illuminating and therefore enhances your pores, and its not very natural looking. I was hoping this new TSV with the CC foundation and powder will be a lot better and more natural looking. I have sensitive skin so I'm taking a chance with this TSV.

Contributor

Yes, I just did my face and noticed the shimmer after the fact. At first I thought it was the powder. Never expected the eye cream to be so sparkly. On the plus, the lipstick is a nice nude shade for me.
Regular Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sleep}I noticed the same thing this morning! I got out my magnifier mirror to be sure, because someone on one of the threads had thought the cc eye was just the cc face cream in a different dispenser, but I saw the glitter like pieces as well. I have to say, I'm a little bummed in the kit- I needed the undereye Concealer the most, and it doesn't work for me at all. It actually makes my undereye area look worse! My only love in the kit is the lipstick- but its way too expensive of a kit to keep for lipstick! The finishing powder is just ok, and even though I have dry skin, I look shiny on my nose after half an hour with this, where bye bye pores keeps me shine free all day. Oh, do love the brush- but again, I got alot of brushes. So I'm thinking it's going back. Really bummed- hate to return anything and trying to be SO mindful of my purchases!

Honored Contributor

Wow, I'm surprised at what you are saying. I have it in Med. and don't see any glitter or sparkly even in my 10x mirror! Weird!

I have been using the eye cc the past 2 days as my eye primer on my lid as well as under my eyes. I am already a user of the cc cream, but no glitters for me there either.

The finishing powder is quite light but doesn't sparkle on me either. I just had to go run and check myself in the mirror! I'm so sorry this doesn't seem to be working for you!

Respected Contributor

Wasn't it said that these products contain snail secretions? If you remember snails from when you were a kid..........it does look kind of shiny like that.

Glad I didn't order it.......doesn't sound like it would look good on my puffy, crinkley 66-year-old eyes!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

The CC+ Eye Cream in the kit has the EXACT ingredient list as the CC+ Foundation in the kit with ONE extra thing....

Mica. It's that last item on the list. Swatched, you can see that the shades are a tad darker/pinker and that there is a "Brightening" effect (thank you Mica). I see no obvious glitter at all. I have/had Fair.

Knowing there is NOTHING UNIQUE about this eye cream, NOR the powder, this kit was sent back today.

I am disgusted by the whole thing (being fooled, falling for the sales pitch, etc).

Contributor

I am thinking of returning my kit. I had such high hopes this would work for me. The light color is fine for my skin tone but like you said the CC Eye Cream has glitter in it. The lipstick isn't very long lasting. I put everything on with the primer that was included as a gift in the box at 7am this morning. It is now 4pm here and it doesn't look as nice as my Laura Geller Balance & Brighten I have used for the last few years. IT seems to look like it is starting to crease in the lines on my face