Regular Contributor

Anyone try this? Comments please Tia,Lexi

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn Big Bright Eyes...

With the compact, mascara, brow gel and eye brighten pencil? I like that the looks of that kit.

I have a couple of his small palettes, I am liking the colors and the wear, I use his Wow mascara and love that too! If you are interested I would say 'go for it'. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I'm always iffy about recommending cosmetics because they're such a personal buy, but I do have this one...the version with the Eye Enhancing Eyeliner, Wow Mascara, Wake Up Big Bright Eyes Palette, and the Bright Eyes Brightener.

I really like it. The liner does indeed open up the eyes and can be used creatively for other things (check the video), the mascara is a a good one and I like it because it curls and lengthens my lashes, I've always liked the brightener and it goes very nicely with this set to help open up the eye area. The palette...I do like it, even though there's some patina, and I prefer matte shadows. It works for the effect. NOW...There's an eyebrow wax in the palette that would make me buy the palette AGAIN. It's perfect for me with ash brown hair and brows that don't need much except a tiny fill here and there. That, I'd call an HG here, if you end up liking it. I've been using Models Prefer/YBF eye pencils since they were introduced and this one I like even better. HTH's {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor

I have that kit and yes I like it, I purchased it a few months back for the brow product, love that but his new gel pencil and gel all in 1 is better IMO

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 beautymogul said:

I have that kit and yes I like it, I purchased it a few months back for the brow product, love that but his new gel pencil and gel all in 1 is better IMO

What color is your hair, bm? I have a terrible time with eyebrow products. Is the taupe a flat taupe...no red...no gold? I like the idea of the separate component, but I'm sick of throwing away $$ on non-taupe...taupes. i.e. I couldn't believe that Mally's (makeup artist) was golden based.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I meant palette not compact!

I saw the brow color in the palette, I was wondering, does that have a magnetic closure on it to keep it fresh? Being in the cardboard palette like that I wasnt sure if the brow product would dry out. I didnt compare the ingreds. in the tube brow gel thats included to his new one, I wonder if it is the same formula with antioxidants and keratin. Heck for the price the kit is a steal.

I was hesitant about his patinas but I have found the shimmer is so slight so I dont end up with it in my lashes and cheekbones when I am done applying them.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 SeaGal said:

I meant palette not compact!

I saw the brow color in the palette, I was wondering, does that have a magnetic closure on it to keep it fresh? Being in the cardboard palette like that I wasnt sure if the brow product would dry out. I didnt compare the ingreds. in the tube brow gel thats included to his new one, I wonder if it is the same formula with antioxidants and keratin. Heck for the price the kit is a steal.

I was hesitant about his patinas but I have found the shimmer is so slight so I dont end up with it in my lashes and cheekbones when I am done applying them.

The palette has a magnetic closure overall, SG. No separate cover for the eyebrow wax. The wax is the consistency of the REB so won't dry out. HTH's I'd refer you to the video, but "you know who" is the host on it. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Yes Sea, I know what you meant, lol. I have blonde hilights, but my hair is really dark brown, I always get taupe. I self tan as well so I stick to that so I do not look so harshe. 1 thing though. I have noticed the taupe color in the new pencil can look slightly red on me. I may try the brunette next time around, so, just a little warning that I noticed today in the sun.

Honored Contributor

I can't speak to this particular palette, but I have two of his Luxe Premier eyeshadow palettes that I bought quite some time ago on eBay -- Luxe III and Seduction.

I am surprised at how much I like them. I don't usually don't do shimmers, but these are quite nice when used in moderation. I am especially pleased, given the small amount I paid for palettes with 12 shadows.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 beautymogul said:

Yes Sea, I know what you meant, lol. I have blonde hilights, but my hair is really dark brown, I always get taupe. I self tan as well so I stick to that so I do not look so harshe. 1 thing though. I have noticed the taupe color in the new pencil can look slightly red on me. I may try the brunette next time around, so, just a little warning that I noticed today in the sun.

Thanks for your honesty, bm. I'm going to have to pass on the new one. Anything but a flat taupe looks ridiculous on me..{#emotions_dlg.tt1} I have ash brown through and through with ash blonde highlights. No red, no gold. I know...weird.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}