Respected Contributor

SSC glycolic cleanser and peels please

I ordered this when HSN had it as a TS and was just notified it is on it's way.

I have dry and somewhat sensitive skin so, any recommendations how I should use this?

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't have ordered this but read good reviews and took a chance but now have second thoughts with my dry and somewhat sensitive skin.

Item 396-748 It is a large cleanser, cleansing brush(battery), peels and something else?

What do you ladies think? Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: SSC glycolic cleanser and peels please

I ordered too and mine has shipped. I also have dry, sensitive skin. Reviews for the cleanser were very good on HSN. I wanted the tool, as the clarisonic was too harsh. Guess we will find out together!
Super Contributor

I didn't order the kit but I did catch a few presentations on it. The pads do not have to be used daily. You can use them as often as your skin allows. I would start slowly and only use them once or twice a week to get your skin used to the Glycolic. It is fine to stick with only using them a day or two a week. The peel I would only use once a week and I wouldn't use the pads the day before it or after. My skin is dry and sensitive too. I do have the brush and its very soft and gentle. I think you'll like it.

Honored Contributor

I hemmed and hawed about getting this kit. I've tried the SSC Glycolic Peel in the past and liked it. I've been wanting to try a new cleanser and was similarly impressed by the reviews. After the order went to processing, I actually had second thoughts because I do plenty of exfoliation in my regular routine that I wasn't sure I needed a glycolic cleanser. I ended up buying a bottle C Clean on eBay, which I think will be better for me. I could have cancelled the order with HSN, and probably should have, but decided to let it go through. It was delivered yesterday. My daughter is getting the glycolic cleanser. If she doesn't want the pads, I'll cut them in half and use them on my decolette until they're gone.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I hemmed and hawed about getting this kit. I've tried the SSC Glycolic Peel in the past and liked it. I've been wanting to try a new cleanser and was similarly impressed by the reviews. After the order went to processing, I actually had second thoughts because I do plenty of exfoliation in my regular routine that I wasn't sure I needed a glycolic cleanser. I ended up buying a bottle C Clean on eBay, which I think will be better for me. I could have cancelled the order with HSN, and probably should have, but decided to let it go through. It was delivered yesterday. My daughter is getting the glycolic cleanser. If she doesn't want the pads, I'll cut them in half and use them on my decolette until they're gone.

I use the C Cleanser as my PM Cleanser and really like it. It's gentle and works good.

Super Contributor

I have, and use SSC Glycolic products, and I have combination skin that can be sensitive at times, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. These products will help remove dead flaky skin cells. I can use all on the same day with no problem, but if you're worried then maybe don't try them all at once. I would actually contact SSC at the facebook page and tell them of your concerns and what products you ordered, they can help you figure out how to use them properly for your sensitive skin. Just send them a message, I've done it before and they do respond. Good luck!

Super Contributor

I like the SSC C Cleanser too, but actually prefer the Glycolic or A Cleanser. They're all gentle and don't irritate my skin at all, and remove makeup well without irritating my eyes.

Going back to the Glycolic, I don't think I've ever experienced irritation when using the cleanser, peel, mask, pads, or serum. If anything does cause any sort of sensation, it's only when I use the Glycolic moisturizer as well. If you use the products and use your own gentle moisturizer over them, that might help keep your skin calm.

I still say contact SSC and ask them directly, they can be very helpful.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 myshell624 said:
On 1/21/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I use the C Cleanser as my PM Cleanser and really like it. It's gentle and works good.

Thanks, myshell624, that's good to know.

Respected Contributor

Hi doglover- and I am a dog lover too- I have the SSC Glycolic Peel and I also have dry skin.

I only use it every week as my dermatologist said there is no need to do otherwise. The product has never bothered me. Also, per my derm from YEARS ago - I use a non-soap cleanser on my face and body. It has made a huge difference especially in the winter.

Contributor

I cannot use any of their products in that line. They burn instantly. I used to use them a long time ago and got away due to the bad ingredients. I started using Paula's Choice and love it. Skin recovery line and the BHA 2% liquid. I have rosacea and acne and I really like the look of my skin so far. I found that line from the ladies on here and am very happy.