Respected Contributor

Eyes burn? Allergies and moisturizers

I don't know what to do! Every cream I put on my face stings my eyes. I was told by a SA @ Nordstroms to only use "eye" cream around my eyes. Tried that! My eyes still burn! It seems whatever is on my face "leaks" right into my eyes. Today, I put NOTHING around my eyes, but had the same problem .. my eyes still feel uncomfortable.

Anyone else have this problem? {#emotions_dlg.angry} What's the resolution?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Eyes burn? Allergies and moisturizers

One of my favorite products does this (it's a facial oil.) I was getting massive eye irritations and figured out the oil was migrating into my eyes, especially if I used it at night but daytime too. I tried it only on my face cheekbones and down, no luck. I had to go a week, no makeup, to let the irritation die down.

I think you have to find something without fragrance and very hypoallergenic--there are some I can use, most stuff I can't. As to the irritation, it takes a few days even when you are not using it any more and it may be clinging to your eyebrows and still getting in your eyes.

But you have to wait as right now, if you are like me, your skin is hyper-irritable.

Honored Contributor

Could you have the beginnings of allergy pink eye? For me, when allergies are really, really bad, not only do my eyeball gets red, but the lid gets really tender, as well. Could this be it?

Regular Contributor

I have something called ocular Rosacea- yup, who knew it could affect your eyes?? Last winter I spent a miserable 4 months thinking it was allergies, products, etc. Finally went to the derm and got the diagnosis. (I also have two types of Rosacea on my facial skin as well)

The Dr did not prescribe anything, but said to use drops. I use homeopathic eye drops each morning and night, and they have done ok. It is just now starting to get irritating again, even with a humidifier at night. I hope for your sake, you do NOT have the same, but if you can't clear it up in a week or so, I would see a Dr. Good luck!

Super Contributor

It could also be your mascara - I've had problems with different brands. I've been trying a cream from Isomers that is also causing eye problems for me. I use allergy eye drops to get rid of the burning and blurring. My eye doctor told me it's the pollen. I think it's both.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor

I can't use products around my eyes that have SPF in them.

Super Contributor

I hav had this problem with almost every line I tried. Finally am able to use Isomers Matrixyl serum around my eyes; read about Isomers on this board (a poster stated she is also able to use the Matrixyl in the eye area). Also previously used Shea Terra oils without a reaction.

I am very careful with products after having several severe cases of dermatitis around my eyes--burning, redness, itching, & finally scaling.

I am also using Fushi Organic Camellia Oil without a problem; this oil is present in the Matrixyl as well.

Valued Contributor

I have this problem with almost all cosmetics. Can't wear anything with fragrance and then some don't work depending on the ingredients.

When I needed to find cosmetics for a wedding, I spent my lunchtimes at the mall across the street from work getting my face done at various department stores to test whether or not I could wear the particular brand of cosmetics.

Not applicable

Apply aloe vera cream which will never give you burning sensation but give cooling effect to your eye and skin.For more:http://www.pillsformedicine.com/

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 anna1 said:

Apply aloe vera cream which will never give you burning sensation but give cooling effect to your eye and skin.For more:http://www.pillsformedicine.com/

First of all, it is not necessarily true that aloe will not cause burning. One aloe product caused me incredible burning for hours.

Second of all, you signed up today and included a link that does not appear to have anything to do with your post. I'm not going to your link, and I hope no one else does either.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland