Valued Contributor

M Asam Magic Finish Foundation

I was looking online for M Asam magic finish foundation (I know they are on HSN) but thought I might find it elsewhere. Their site had a link to HSN but also QVC Italy. It is amazing how Diane Gilman, M Asam and others from HSN as well as Elizabeth Grant from ShopHQ are on QVC Italy. Anyway, I got off track for a minute! Someone on this forum was praising M Asam foundation and wanted to know if anyone else has ever used it. I'm not sure I want to try the IT CC cream, if I do I will get it locally so I won't have to pay shipping. I tried her Celebration foundation and it was no celebration after application!!

Respected Contributor

Re: M Asam Magic Finish Foundation

I have used Magic Finish. It only comes in one color. I prefer SKINN's Orchid Gel Tint much better. One perk to the Orchid Gel is that if you don't get a perfect match to your skin, you can add the Brite Side Orchid Tint to mix to match your skin tone. I get the True Medium and it is a titch too dark, so I mix the lighter Brite side in, and I get an almost perfect match. HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

I have the M Asam MF and like it. Pat it on for coverage. If you just want a light color wash, you can spread it on. It feels good on, not heavy.

Occasional Contributor

I recently ordered and am currently using this product. I really like it. It seems to give good medium coverage, feels very silky, and does not break out my super sensitive skin. I would at least give it a try.

Valued Contributor

I tried this and ended up giving it away. I am fair and although it says the color will adjust to all complexions, it looked kind of orange and muddy on me no matter how I played around with it. Gave it to my BFF who is more a medium shade complexion.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 virgosun said:

I tried this and ended up giving it away. I am fair and although it says the color will adjust to all complexions, it looked kind of orange and muddy on me no matter how I played around with it. Gave it to my BFF who is more a medium shade complexion.

I've been tempted to give this a try but you just confirmed my fear. I really don't know how any foundation can self adjust to all the skin tones out there. I'm not fair but light and have neutral undertones. Missha Perfect Cover is the best match I've found.

Valued Contributor

I have light skin but usually the light is too light and medium is a little too dark for me. I do better with a foundation that is light/medium. I would like a foundation that didn't emphasize my fine lines the way that the Celebration foundation did, it really made them stand out. Does the M Asam? The reviewer I read said that it hide her lines.

Frequent Contributor

I love it! It's now my go to foundation.

Valued Contributor

On 1/19/2015 3redheads said:

I love it! It's now my go to foundation.

Great! Do you use their skincare? I used it a few years ago. I bought a kit of the vino gold I think for next to nothing, free shipping during their anniversary show. I didn't see amazing results but I also didn't dislike it. Can anyone review their skincare and what is the best line. I am 51 and have a few lines and some elasticity problems just starting, nothing major.

Respected Contributor

I've used alot Asam's skincare. It's all really good. Good ingredients too. I switched off for a while now, but I'm using the Aqua Intense cleanser. Got the two tubes for a good price. It's thorough, and hydrating. As far as the Magic finish make-up...It looks very matte on the models. I don't like that. The color is definitely dark, because I saw the host apply it on her hand, and if your fair/porcelain...forget it. That would be me. I know Asam makes alot of other up-to-date products, but hsn only sells the same stuff for years and years...but still good quality. He has his own website, you can see what he makes...but you can't order. Love his perfumes too! Hsn always out, and doesn't re-stock.