Regular Contributor

Had to post- on air last nite Derma quench models broke out in rashes

Last nite the vendor kate Somerville was demonstrating the Derma quench spray treatment that she uses on the stars before the golden globes etc and both models, Maria and the other model broke out in red rashes on their faces within seconds right on the air. The second models face turned completely red all over. They must have noticed it be caused the camera went off them and they just showed a still photo of the product.FYI.
Valued Contributor

Re: Had to post- on air last nite Derma quench models broke out in rashes

I trie a bedtime product from her , 1st time I ever broke out, will never use her products. Sent back for a refund.
Esteemed Contributor

That is funny! Wish I had seen it.

Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised! I feel sorry for the models having to have multiple products applied to their skin, several times a day! If it were me, I would quit with the products and stick to modeling! I have sensitive skin..hope the models are ok!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

I don't feel sorry for the models..they are not forced to use these products..they are getting paid to do so..and I am sure their compensation is quite worth the break out lol.

Honored Contributor

I will have to look for a video on that. I am surprised they didn't practice the demo beforehand.

I would also consider that the models are already made up with their HDTV airbrush makeup and it's possible there was a chemical reaction of the products. I find it odd that all the models would react. That's a pretty random thing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

On 1/14/2015 CouponQueen said:

I don't feel sorry for the models..they are not forced to use these products..they are getting paid to do so..and I am sure their compensation is quite worth the break out lol.

I don't feel sorry for them, either, but I would assume the rash probably is the result of over-use of products, rather than merely the effect of one application of DermalQuench.

Honored Contributor

The video up now is with Amy and Kate. Only one model (blonde Maria). She said she told Maria to make her face really dry (Maria didn't have any makeup on) and she applied it to her face twice in the same spot and no reaction (also no real change, even though they were oohing and aahing over the change, she didn't look any different to me and they were up close with the camera).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Lowry83 said:
On 1/14/2015 CouponQueen said:

I don't feel sorry for them, either, but I would assume the rash probably is the result of over-use of products, rather than merely the effect of one application of DermalQuench.

You don't feel sorry for someone who gets a rash on their face? {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

I looked at the video myself. There was some very slight redness on Maria, more on the second model and it was more immediate. I wouldn't call it a rash per se. Temporary redness can happen with a lot of products like Vitamin C Serums, Glycolic Exfoliators, Masks, and that doesn't mean they're harmful or dangerous.