Honored Contributor

I have several requirements. :-)

I'm looking for a relatively nonsticky formula with a doe applicator in a sheer, slightly shimmery (no blinding sheen) shade that is almost no color -- if any, maybe just a tiny bit, preferably not too warm in tone, maybe pink. I want to be able to use it either alone or over lipstick without it changing the color of the lipstick too much at all, so it can't be opaque, which now seems to be the trend.

Oh, and I don't want a gloss that has any plumping properties -- no peppermint oil, etc.

In the past I've had some of Lancome's Juicy Tubes (as GWP) that fit the bill, but I don't like that type of application.

TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

Re: I need a lip gloss, but...

Hi SuzyQ,

I love MAC's Cremesheen Glass glosses - they are very sheer and feel great on the lips. I have been using the color Fashion Scoop and love it.

Respected Contributor

Clinique Bamboo Pink gloss, or just check this line. Clinique has some lovely shades and glosses.

Respected Contributor

MAC has lots of gloss formulas. You might check there. I also like Bobbi Brown shimmer gloss, but I can't recall for certain if it has peppermint oil in it, although it certainly does not plump (like Buxom, TF lip injection, etc). Hope that helps a little!
Super Contributor

Well, I'm going to try Robin McGraw's Revelation lip gloss in Erica - HSN. I just ordered it yesterday. I've kind of ditched lip gloss for the past few years because I haven't been happy with any I've tried. This get's rave reviews, so I'm hoping I like it!

Valued Contributor

Suzy-I think I have the same requirements.Smiley Happy So I think I'll be paying attention to this thread.Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Hi SuzyQ3. Try the NYX Butter Glosses. You can get them on the ground (Ulta, CVS, Target, Wegmans, etc.). They are not sticky, no lip enlarging ingredients, no irritating minty oils, and it has the doe foot applicator you (and I) prefer. They come in a variety of creamy colors. Some with better color pay off than others. I like the Vanilla Cream Pie for a pinky nude tone. But, if I want a stronger color, like red, I move towards the Cherry Pie. The low price point is worth the try.
Honored Contributor

I am emailing you some ideas, SuzyQ!!

Honored Contributor

My sincere thanks for all the replies so far.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I do second the NYX Butter Gloss recommendation.

I have a couple, not in light or almost colorless shades though. However, if you choose one or two from the very, very light pink side of the spectrum, I think NYX will deliver.