Respected Contributor

Cosmetics you weren't impressed with ...?

Did you throw them away or "use them up"?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cosmetics you weren't impressed with ...?

Trish McEvoys' foundation. Perhaps my expectations were too high but for the price I was disappointed.

Valued Contributor

Carmindy's products sold on HSN were horrible; I threw them away because HSN is persnickitey about returns and if you return too many items they will no longer allow you to place an order.
Super Contributor

Tried to use them up but they ended up just sitting there (a variety of brands).....threw them out today when down-sizing and organizing--sadly, $ thrown away but keeping in mind for the future when I think I "need" it or have to try it.
Trusted Contributor

I return if that's possible. If not, make-up that doesn't work for me usually sits gathering dust until I toss it. I won't use it if I don't like it. Too much stuff around that I do like.

Honored Contributor

Two fairly recent disappointments-Benefit concealer with a moisture core, horrible-returned to HSN; and Skinn Moisture Wand, no visible benefits like the demos, a tacky texture & odd lemony scent - returned to Shophq. Why keep & use something that isn't effective, esp if the retailer accepts returns?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Bare Minerals- tossed

Wen- used to shave my legs

Honored Contributor

It cosmetics blush....way to pigmented, I will never purchase her blush again.

Esteemed Contributor

Skinn's plasma foundation and Skinn's wand. Still have the wand because it came in a tv, but tossed the plasma foundation. Have to say though, his serum foundation is the best I've used.
Trusted Contributor

IT Cosmetics ""Build A Brow"". Its in a pot and comes with a brush. Its the best brow product that I have ever used and I have tried them all. It stays put for 24 hours even when you have been to the gym and your overheated. Stayed put all through the summer during the the very hot and most humid days. It also looks natural and has a little height so it looks like your brow hair and not a brow that was painted on. I have sparse brows for years of plucking and its given me my beautiful brows back.