Respected Contributor

Who the heck figures shipping rates at QVC ? Look at this Josie Maran item !!!

Her chubby concealer duo is $4.97 a little high for a light item maybe . Then i look at the single , it is $6.47 how does this make sense? Am i missing something?

Valued Contributor

Re: Who the heck figures shipping rates at QVC ? Look at this Josie Maran item !!!

As someone who was in the direct marketing business years ago I can tell you that all companies that send you merchandise of any kind make a huge profit on their shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who the heck figures shipping rates at QVC ? Look at this Josie Maran item !!!

on multiple occasions I have not ordered from QVC because the shipping price is prohibitive. with so many companies offering free shipping on the same items why would you shop with Qvc?
Occasional Contributor

Sign up at her website. Wait for a sale. Usually runs a % off. Free shipping over $25.00

Respected Contributor

I think why it surprised me was the huge difference for the duo vs single, if it had been the other way around it wouldn't have surprised me. I like QVC, and i know i can shop other places if want . I do think sales would soar on beauty if they gave free shipping on orders over $50 or even $75.

Respected Contributor

They charge for "shipping and handling", not just shipping. Customers don't know what's factored into the "handling" part of it; so, we really can't say that a charge is too high. We can only say that it's more than we want to pay. I don't think any company profits from s&h, I think they use the "handling" part of that charge to reimburse themselves for packaging, stocking, moving merchandise from place to place, lost merchandise (breakage) and a few things that I'm not even aware of. To be fair, I've never seen a retailer who claimed otherwise.

Contributor

Honored Contributor

QVC most definitely profits on shipping. They themselves spoke to that point in an article about the company.

Many places offer free shipping AND handling.

Always look around before ordering from Q. If you know what you are doing, it only takes a few minutes. It's worth the time and effort to save money IMO.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 LipstickDiva said:

QVC most definitely profits on shipping. They themselves spoke to that point in an article about the company.

Many places offer free shipping AND handling.

Always look around before ordering from Q. If you know what you are doing, it only takes a few minutes. It's worth the time and effort to save money IMO.

that is exactly what I do. I see something on QVC that I want and then buy it elsewhere for a reduced price. the last time I did this the QVC markup was a hundred percent of what getting it directly from the vendor cost
Super Contributor

I think the OP point is that the shipping/handling on two items is less than the s/h on one of the exact same items. Regardless of whether or not you think QVC's rates in general are fair or not, it just makes no sense that something exactly double the weight would ship for $2.00 less.