Respected Contributor

Beauty Boomers 2015 - Welcome!

Let's kick-off the New Year with a fresh outlook. Come discuss what's new, what you've been wanting to try or just started testing. Let's keep this an upbeat thread about what is going on with you and what you'd like to run by friends. Let's make this a great New Year and start it off here! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Boomers 2015 - Welcome!

Happy New Year and sure hope this is a good one, better than last year.

Desi, the movie was pretty good but lots of violence of course but did have a story line.

Going out today for our annual pork and sauerkraut meal.

Valued Contributor

Still more or less 'down' with the flu.....I think I may have pneumonia...but don't want to see a doctor or urgent care.....tired of it all!

Happy New Year!! I just want to be well.....

Valued Contributor

Great idea! I'm all for positive thoughts and positive energy that gets sent out wherever we direct it. I've learned some very useful things on this forum and hope I've helped other ladies with the things I have found that help me.

Valued Contributor

Great idea! I'm all for positive thoughts and positive energy that gets sent out wherever we direct it. I've learned some very useful things on this forum and hope I've helped other ladies with the things I have found that help me.

Super Contributor

Happy new year to everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year to all of the beauties on this board! My husband and I are expecting 2 grandchildren in 2015. This will be our first. Our DD is due in March and DIL due in April. It should be a fun and busy year.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, hope the first day of 2015 is going well for everyone.

Very cold here, but sunny and snowless so it's absolutely fine with me!

Went to Christmas Tree Shop and S&S. Much better crowd-wise. Only got a few things, no beauty stuff. I did browse the beauty isles of course!

Doglover, hope your sauerkraut and pork was good. I did see S&S still has Redbox, but it's 8 miles away, so returning wouldn't be convenient.

Jan, yikes. I know exactly how you feel, you reach a point where you are sick of seeing medical people and the endless variety of afflictions we get. That said, you might need a chest X-ray to R/O pneumonia. I won't list symptoms, you know them as well as I do. You might just need a different antibiotic. I still have a bit of the sinus thing and cough, but it's fine and the least of my worries. Anyway, you have me concerned! Try Mucinex and a vaporizer but think about that X-ray please.

Virgosun, glad to have your company! Upbeat is what I will shoot for. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Meeras, to you as well, hope it's a great year!

Tricolor, that is awesome! My 2 cents, if you can, whatever you do for you DD try to do for your DIL as well. As much as possible. If they don't live close, not as much as an issue. Nothing more exciting than new grand-babies! You'll have to let us know if they are boys or girls, etc, and come brag on them after they arrive. How cool for cousins to be that close in age!

This thread is off to a great start!

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah, today I used my vintage Love's Fresh Lemon cologne which is from around 1980. Guess what, still smells great!

Respected Contributor

Desi, funny how some of the older ones hold up so much better than the newer scents today. Yep, pork and kraut were good but not as good as how I make mine, like my dad use to. He always said to rinse the kraut good to get rid of a lot of sodium than to add a little white wine(didn't always do that though) always added brown sugar and cut an apple in half which you toss when the meal is done. This is our favorite way to make kraut and of course always have to have mashed potatoes with that.

I did make BBQ ribs for here at home new eyars eve while we watched the movie we rented, The Equalizer with D. Washington, was good.

Jan, sure hope you feel better soon and hope it isn't pneumonia, bad time of year for this stuff.

virgosun, any helpful tips you would care to share, are always welcome and of course, all hope we all have positive thoughts and a very good new year.

Tricolor, lucky you, 2 grandchildren this year and so close together, will be great for them being close like that as they grow up. I too have dry skin and dry hair.

Meeras, sure hope this new year is a lot better for everyone especially those that had a bad one last year, DH for sure.