Respected Contributor

Yep! I've got two long black hairs growing on the side of my lip. (And, they don't even match my gold/brown hair!) I'd been cutting ONE of the hairs for the last couple of years, but now, I've got two and they're lonnnnnnng!

Should I just keep "cutting"? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Will cutting make them thicker? I sure don't want more! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: What the heck! A Moustache?

I pluck all my errant hairs. Someday, I'm going to have to go for electrolisys.
Respected Contributor

Pull them out! Tweezers work! Or an epilator. They may grow back, but you can pull them out again. Why would you want to just cut them when you can get rid of them altogether?

Valued Contributor

Welcome to the club, Rina. By some miracle of nature, my once plush, thick eyebrows have migrated to my chin. Not good!!! My best friend is electrologist (sp) and she said she is doing a booming business as my generation (I'm 68) ages. She said if she didn't keep up with her own pesky hairs, she'd have a beard as long as Moses. Welcome to my world!!

docsgirl

Trusted Contributor

Just 2 hairs? Pluck!
Respected Contributor

You could just pluck them if only 2.

For a more permanent solution, electrolysis or laser hair removal (if your skin tone is light enough). You may get more in the future.

Happens to a lot of people.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

Get used to it, you will get more, all women do... Wait till menopause and no estrogen, then the testosterone takes over. You can't win that war- we've all tried.

I did electrolysis for years to get rid of them, supposedly permanent and super painful and expensive. It stopped nothing. I have plenty, mustache and beard. I also have a Tria laser, but they still come back or there are new ones, whichever...

Get a good tweezer and I use a teeny trimmer to cut them close to the skin. Sorry hunny.

Valued Contributor

No surprise...your loosing your estrogen and increasing testosterone as you reach the height of menopause...it is just a fact of life sweetie. Get use to having many more!

I take a sharp disposable razor to my face frequently which does the job!

Super Contributor

I'd pull them out by the roots with a tweezers. It'll take them longer to grow back than if you cut them. Don't worry--they are unlikely to come back thicker and may even get weaker eventually. But you may grow some more as you get older, so try not to let it bother you!

Super Contributor

Pluck them. I have one mutant hair under my chin I've been plucking for a decade!