Regular Contributor

I've been using A65229 Dr. Denese's hydroshield moisturizing face serum for a few years and love it.

I've never tried A255894, Josie Maran pure argan milk intensive hydrating serum.

My question is do you think I can switch the Dr. Denese product for the Josie Maran product? Or am I comparing apples with oranges?

TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese vs Josie Maran

Dr D has retinol and other peptides and is not actually a moisturizer. I use Dream Cream as a moisturizer. Perhaps you could use JM after Hydroshield. I will wait to see what others have experienced.
Respected Contributor

Well, I'm biased bc Dr Denese Hydroshield made my skin MORE dry (ugh! It felt good after I put it on, but was never truly moisturized!). Anyway, the JM milk is actually a moisturizing product. It's great to mix a drop with your serum during the day, too, for an extra boost without getting greasy. HTH!!
Regular Contributor

On 12/26/2014 FUTURE said: Well, I'm biased bc Dr Denese Hydroshield made my skin MORE dry (ugh! It felt good after I put it on, but was never truly moisturized!). Anyway, the JM milk is actually a moisturizing product. It's great to mix a drop with your serum during the day, too, for an extra boost without getting greasy. HTH!!

That does help, thank you for the tip. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Nothing moisturizes like Hydroshield. I only use it in the dead of winter when my skin is really dry otherwise I get too oily. Love Josie body butter but do not put anything from the line on my face.

Super Contributor

I absolutely love my Dr. Denese HydroShield serum and for me, it cannot compare with Josie's. The moisture I get from Dr. Denese is outstanding. It's pricy but excellent.

Honored Contributor

Like a few others said, they really don't have the same type of ingredients so you aren't really comparing apples to apples.

Josie's milk made my skin irritated and dry though, I didn't like it at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Denese's product is based on laboratory ingredients. She uses a lot of retinol and chemicals. Josie's products may have other additives, but the biggest component is simply argan oil. I suppose your skin will be the best judge of which direction is best for you. I pared down from using something for hydration, something else for anti-aging and so on. I now just use argan oil, Argan Milk, and occasionally I need an even skin tone product for hyperpigmentation on my face and neck. My complexion is thanking me for taking a less is more approach.

Trusted Contributor

I use Josie and DD products and love them both. OP, you don't state how old you are, but I am in my 60s and feel that DD Hydroshield is much more beneficial for aging skin as it has retinol and other anti-aging ingredients in it. Argan oil is only oil. For more info, you can go to beautypedia dot com and read Paula's reviews. HTH!

Respected Contributor

On 12/28/2014 Trix said:

Dr. Denese's product is based on laboratory ingredients. She uses a lot of retinol and chemicals. Josie's products may have other additives, but the biggest component is simply argan oil. I suppose your skin will be the best judge of which direction is best for you. I pared down from using something for hydration, something else for anti-aging and so on. I now just use argan oil, Argan Milk, and occasionally I need an even skin tone product for hyperpigmentation on my face and neck. My complexion is thanking me for taking a less is more approach.

I completely agree. Less is more for me also.