Honored Contributor

Has anyone used this? I need something so that I can style my hair with waves. I've been trying to use the set of curlers that I have to do this, but they're too heavy. This sounds like something that would work. Can anyone recommend this or steer me away from it? I also looked at the Calista set on here, but the reviews are only 2 star. Thanks for any help you can give me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I have used the Caruso rollers and they gave my hair a lot of body that would hold for several day. I have fine hard to curl hair. I use the Chi flat iron now. I don't know that you can get waves with the rollers. I find the Chi is just faster for me but I have to roll it every day.

Honored Contributor

Thanks grams2. I thought if I put the rollers in sideways instead of the normal way and then pulled them down as I was taking my hair out that I could get waves. I hope that makes sense. My hairdresser told me I could do that with curlers. Are the Carusos so different that this wouldn't be possible?

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I have used Caruso for years also but now I just use a flat iron. Its faster. Sometimes the Caruso would leave my hair damp.

Esteemed Contributor

If you're wanting "beachy" waves, you can braid your hair then flat iron the braid. Then take it out.....

Honored Contributor

Thanks Yorkie and cuddles mama. I haven't had much luck with a flat iron in the past. Has anyone else used this, or do you have another recommendation for me?

-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

I've had one for years and really like it. I have thick hair and I get a nice curl that stays. Downside is that it can be a pain to use. You need to fill it with water, heats only 1 roller at a time etc. I usually only pull it out for special occasions but I'm typically pretty low maintenance.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought one a month ago. I am still getting used to it. I flat iron my hair but have been advised to lay off the flat iron for a looong time. I could iron and wash my hair 2X a week - it was easy. I have a 2 step hair coloring routine and I do not think that was helping my hair either.

I am not used to seeing myself with hair and lots of volume. I like the concept. I did not find the one steaming the curler at a time an inconvience. When you remove one curler, place another curler on the steamer unit.

Honored Contributor
I have one and just like another poster said...it left my hair damp. My hair is shoulder length and kind of thin, maybe that's why.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies. I ended up ordering a set of Calista rollers from Amazon. They're only $28 on Amazon. I hesitated to try them because of the reviews on QVC, but the Amazon reviews are very good. The Amazon reviewers referred to the QVC price of over $100 and said they were the same rollers, just a different color. Interesting if that's true.

-Henry David Thoreau