Respected Contributor

I've been going back to "Old Perfumes"...that I never liked....crazy!

I just haven't found anything LONG lasting, and different. Hate that alot are toilettes now! Will never buy that!

Last year, I kept sniffing Tresor'. Never liked it much,all these years. I think it's been around like 20 yrs. Got some on a jacket, and my closet smelled sooo good. I finally caved, and had to have it. The rich body cream in the jar is wonderful too!.

So now I'm looking around again, and for some strange reason, I'm liking Elizabeth Ardens 5th Ave. Intially, not too much, but the dry down gets softer, and I can smell a little musk, which I love. Saw it today in TjMaxx, for $16.99...got it, but will save for Christmas. It's over $50 in dept stores...same EDP! Just don't know what's going on...but, I guess my sniffer is changing??

Honored Contributor

Re: I've been going back to ""Old Perfumes""...that I never liked....crazy!

Me too, I started using Ma Griffe again after 40 years!!!

Respected Contributor

I started wearing Je Reviens again this year after about 25 years. I love those aldehydes!
Trusted Contributor

I happen to spray on Chantilly in Sears and it remained on my coat. I kept smelling something good and realized what it was. I went back to Sears and bought a set which was marked $9.99, how cheap is that, the perfume and the cream. I got in line and the price went down to 8 dollars and change. And I remember it years ago and just never bought it thinking that it was too strong. I have been wearing very expensive perfume so now I will wear this a while and see how long I enjoy it. I guess our tastes do change. At least, this was one that saved me money.

Miata 1

Trusted Contributor

Me too. I wore JeRevien starting at 17 through my 20's and am now in love with it again. I wish I could find the perfume and body lotion.Always got compliments when I wore it and still am.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I found WHITE SHOULDERS cream at TJ Max for 5'99 and the perfume at Kohl,s for 15' Then Elizabeth Taylor,s White Diamonds at Walgreen,s with body wash and lotion for 30. WINDSONG, at Target for 14'99. Wore that when I was 17, sixty one year's ago. These have lasting power, not like the ones today.
Frequent Contributor

Any takers for Tabu?

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 beauty junkie said:

Me too. I wore JeRevien starting at 17 through my 20's and am now in love with it again. I wish I could find the perfume and body lotion. Always got compliments when I wore it and still am.

It's all over Ebay and at reasonable prices. 8) The body lotion is there as well, but pretty expensive.

Respected Contributor

I went back to Elizabeth Taylor's white diamonds and boy does it have staying power which was always a problem for me, nothing ever lasted longer than 15 to 30 minutes tops. I can spray this on my tops and smell it the next day. I also get compliments on this often which I never got before.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I love 5th Avenue!!! I recently discovered it and have to say - it is my favorite right now!!! It is not heavy and does not make me sneeze or give me a headache either. It smells so classy!!!

I love a lot of the older ones, too, and have revisited a lot of them. I think the older ones are the best!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin