Respected Contributor

Looking for a fantastic fast drying topcoat

I've been using Seche Vite for years. I love that it hardens within 20 minutes and stays pretty shiny for 5-7 days without many chips. However, I hate the shrinkage I get at the tips. Even when I wrap the tips, I still get shrinkage. I spend way too much time making my nails look nice to end up with a little colorless line at the tip. I tried Essie's Good to Go topcoat, but it wasn't fast drying, and it never really hardened, even after a couple of days. So what are your favorite fast drying topcoats? Thanks in advance!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Looking for a fantastic fast drying topcoat

Nails, Inc has a great fast drying top coat. It's called Caviar Top Coat. I love it, it dries extremely fast and lasts a long time for me.
Honored Contributor

Rejuvacote Brush 'n' Go.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite is the HK girl from Glisten & Glow. It is a small brand but very high quality polishes and their fast drying top coat is the best.

http://glistenandglow.bigcartel.com/category/hk-girl-top-coat

I did have a couple of bottles of Seche vite and was able to minimize the shrinkage with a little polish thinner but once they are gone, I will never repurchase again. The HK girl topcoat gives that gel manicure shine. I really love it!

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I'll check those out.
Valued Contributor

As long as I apply Seche over polish immediately after applying, while it is still very wet, I don't get shrinkage. Hope you find something that you love!

Trusted Contributor

A couple of random thoughts - Are you wrapping both the polish and the Seche Vite over the tips of your nails? (I assume so, but thought I'd ask just in case.) Are you applying the Seche Vite while your polish is still wet (that's what's recommended)? Have you noticed any difference depending on which brand of polish you are using?

Thinner may well help. But use Seche Restore. It replenishes the solvents that have evaporated, specifically the tuolene.

That said, HK Girl is my second most used topcoat and I would definitely recommend trying it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/22/2014 OkeyDokey said:

As long as I apply Seche over polish immediately after applying, while it is still very wet, I don't get shrinkage. Hope you find something that you love!

When I saw the title of this thread, I was going to suggest Seche Vite (until I saw the OP doesn't like it.) But I want to add that - like you, OkeyDokey - I don't get any shrinkage either. I usually wait 1-2 minutes after my last coat, but sometimes I've waited longer and I've never had any shrinkage.

I think the directions say to wait one minute, so that's probably ideal.

(I love Seche Vite! I've tried everything, and nothing even comes close, IMO. Of course we're all different!)

Kiss

Honored Contributor

I use Vinylux topcoat over all my polishes. It dries quickly and seldom chips.

Trusted Contributor

Poshé. The best.