Contributor

Thoughts about Skinn cosmetics

I recently purchased a variety of products from Skinn on ShopHQ & his website. There are some good reviews of this line on this forum and elsewhere....so, I thought I would like to try it out. He makes some big claims about what certain products will do. I was/am skeptical. For instance, I cannot see any change at all after using the 6x lip products or the volumizing wand. I plan to return these two. The orchid gel tint is mattefying, as he claims. The tinted orchid gel is not mattefying at all - on me.

I am curious what you guys think about this product - what works and what doesn't.

Super Contributor

Re: Thoughts about Skinn cosmetics

I think you've discovered what we all do -- we like some things, others not so much.

Some people LOVE the wand, I saw no results. Doesn't mean it's not a good product, just not a good product for me.

I absolutely can't live without his Stem Rejen Face Serum and 24 Hour Cream. I like some other products of his that I use regularly (I've recently become dependent on his Lipid Oil) but nothing I'm as rabid about as the Stem Rejen and 24 Hour.

Here's the deal -- ALL the cosmetics/skin care reps make big claims, and not all deliver for all people. You just have to try for yourself. If you like it, keep using it -- if not, return.

Respected Contributor

I must have in my daily facial cleansing regime Skinn's Enriched Softening Essence. Nothing else from this line.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I'm a Skinn newbie who has bought a few of the TTV kits from HQ over the past few months. I integrated the products into my routine slowly after a reaction when I bombarded my poor skin at first. Now, I love both cleansers, DermAppeal, Translucence Resurfacing Concentrate, new Age Reset serum, Midnight Secret Elixir, Stem Rejen eye, Creme Reverse, lipid oil and a few others. All have done what they are supposed to do. I've not really tried any of the cosmetics.
Super Contributor

1. My 5 must-haves

-DermAppeal Microdermabrasion; ABC Peels; Translucence Resurfacing Serum (DWP); Age Reset Serum; Collagenesis Stem Rejen

2. Things I like but probably won't reorder- to save money/time/space

-Collagenesis eye stem rejen; Creme Reverse; Chin-up neck cream; Orchid gel

3. Things I tried & thought, meh

-Lip 6X serum; Lip sugar scrub; Body butter polish and scrub; Eye Decrinkler

All my other skincare is very basic, dermatologist-recommended, and available in drugstores. I used to splurge now and then on Lancome moisturizers. SKINN is the first pricey system I've tried and at my age, 55, I think it's totally worth it. Really terrific.

Honored Contributor

I have no luck with his skin care as it does absolutely nothing but I enjoy his cosmetics I think they're good quality. I did, however, purchase the vitamin C powder that came with the bright side serum in his last visit. I will give the serum to my daughter who has some acne scarring and I'm hoping that helps.
Valued Contributor

I have been using his products for awhile & absolutely love them. But the collagenisis stem rejen line is the best! I have combination skin & it works great on it! I got a kit with eye shadows & they are ok but wouldn't buy again, lets see...wow love the am pm cleansers & the Lipid serum is so wonderful, I just love feeling my face when I have used it! Love the 24 hour youth cream & a little of it goes a long way! And the dermapeel just does wonders for my skin. Haven't tried a lot of the makeup in his line. What I have tried was ok but I wouldn't buy again. Just didn't feel there was anything that special. But I am not a big makeup person anyway. Oh the exception is the Plasma Flawless Finish Bronzer! It just goes on so nice & looks so natural! And one last thing the Beauty Flash Anti-Fatigue Refresher. At first I didn't think it was doing anything but after trying at work one day when I had to go somewhere after work & couldn't go back home I was quite pleased with the results! Hey can you tell I like Skinn products! I try to watch & buy when they have specials on shipping & kits with a big percentage of stuff I want in them since I cant afford to buy a lot. I think they are a good deal most of the time. I am over 60 & I do have a lot of compliments on how nice my skin looks! Which makes me happy!!

<h1 style="display: inline;">
</h1>
Contributor

Thanks to you all for your answers. I had never bought any Skinn products until early this month after watching a few of his shows .... after hearing about them on this forum Smile So shame on all ya'll for baiting me {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So far I like the ABC Peel - did it last night. I like the orchid gel - kind of reminds me of Mally's primer, that I love. The Chin-up feels nice. Also like the feel & look of the Eye Cream Reverse. I have yet to receive the Stem Rejen. I also REALLY like the Hand Restore cream.

I have never been one to use a cosmetic system that recommends this much layering steps. Plus, I was hesitant to buy into a product from ShopHQ. I have been disappointed in some of their recent products. So the jury's still out on some of Skinn's things and I give a plus to others.

Thank you again for your input. I only recently discovered this forum. It's cool that QVC offers us a place to talk about stuff - even when it is great reviews for a competitor!!!

Valued Contributor

I have been using SKINN for about 18 months and have owned almost every product in his line. I re-order (but don't use exclusively) any of them. I regularly use the AM & PM Cleansers, Collagenisis 24-hour Youth Preservation Cremes, and Beauty Flash. I have ordered many of his make-up kits and have found them to be excellent! Of course I have not liked and used everything that I've accumulated but over-all the make-up & moisturizers are excellent!
Super Contributor

On 12/21/2014 kelly11 said:

Thanks to you all for your answers. I had never bought any Skinn products until early this month after watching a few of his shows .... after hearing about them on this forum Smile So shame on all ya'll for baiting me {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So far I like the ABC Peel - did it last night. I like the orchid gel - kind of reminds me of Mally's primer, that I love. The Chin-up feels nice. Also like the feel & look of the Eye Cream Reverse. I have yet to receive the Stem Rejen. I also REALLY like the Hand Restore cream.

I have never been one to use a cosmetic system that recommends this much layering steps. Plus, I was hesitant to buy into a product from ShopHQ. I have been disappointed in some of their recent products. So the jury's still out on some of Skinn's things and I give a plus to others.

Thank you again for your input. I only recently discovered this forum. It's cool that QVC offers us a place to talk about stuff - even when it is great reviews for a competitor!!!

kelly, I totally agree with everything you say.

I only just started myself- in November, and that was after watching a few weekends (off and on) and seeing the tips and advice here.

Looks like you are trying many of the things I am. I hope you'll come back and report once you decide what works well for you or doesn't. I love the ABC peels. I was going to skip them because of the expense, but many people here had had such great results with them that I had to go for it. I'm glad I did. So far I've tried orchid gel in only one corner of my face. Didn't have a reaction, so it' now next in my list of things to try. Finally, it's good to know that you liked Hand Restore so much- it was tempting but I but held back because I already had too many new Skinn products to try, and also because I'd gone and bought the L'Occitane hand cream sets when they were a TSV on QVC. I'm really oversupplied with hand creams...have enough for a year. If not more. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I hope you like the Collagenesis Stem Rejen, I am totally in love with it. I like everything about it, and especially its delicate rose fragrance. It makes my skin feel just right- not dry, not tight, not greasy, but just perfectly balance and right--nourished from inside out. If you like Creme Reverse, then I think this has a similar (but even better) feel...light, refreshing, effective. JMO

Gokat posted that some of this stuff works away without our noticing at first, till wham, you wake up one day and realize just how much the texture, feel and appearance of the skin has improved. That's exactly what happened with me.