Super Contributor

O/T. Happy Winter Solstice. The days are now getting longer!

Spring is my favorite season and knowing the days are getting longer now gives me hope for warmer weather. Check out www.fourmilan.ch. A map of the earth showing where it's daylight and night time. During the winter and summer solstice the areas are shaped like a bell. During the spring and summer equinox the daylight and night time hours are equal all over the earth. I love reading about geeky things like this.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T. Happy Winter Solstice. The days are now getting longer!

This is a significant Winter Solstice, as a New moon also occurs at 0 degree of Capricorn at 8:36 pm EST. The next new moon on the same day as a winter solstice won't happen again for 19 years! Capricorn is a cardinal earth sign, which is very success and goal oriented and likes to take action! The fact that this new moon occurs at the world axis, makes it even more powerful. The new moon is an excellent time for setting intentions and goals, starting new healthy routines, or ending bad habits.

And, of course, looking forward to longer, warmer days!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Bring on the daylight! These short, dark, days depress me! I can handle it through the holidays, but after that, show me the sunshine till 9 pm!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting! We always say the same thing at our home on winter solstice...from here on the days are getting longer more and more sunlight! Happy holidays everyone!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.

Valued Contributor

Happy Solstice.

Respected Contributor

OH! I totally forgot!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the wishes and interesting thread, BB. I'm a nature lover too. 8)

Did you know that there are more warm days in autumn than spring? It's because the season before autumn is summer (warm-to-hot temps), and the season before spring is winter.

Make sure you cuddle and snuggle extra close to your animal companions, everyone! Body heat really helps if you're chilly.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! Since daylight savings I've been driving to work in the dark and driving home the same way. Nothing says, 'don't want to go to the gym or stop anywhere on the way home' like short, dark days. Love sun, love nature.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Let's stay in the land of reality....lol It's 12-23, we aren't going to notice any more light or longer days for quite some time yet. Actually, winter has just begun.