Valued Contributor

My Husband Actually Complimented My Foundation!!!!!

My husband knows I wear make up pretty much every day but today he actually complimented me on how good my skin looked. He said it looked very smooth and looked like I wasn't even wearing make up, just had really nice skin. Wow!!! Told him I has started wearing a new foundation and he said it made a real difference. Yikes! The foundation is Clarins Extra Comfort Anti-Aging foundation. It's a whipped cream consistency that I use a tiny bit of and buff on with a brush. It gives me excellent coverage and a somewhat dewy finish. I have a variety of foundations but after this I am sticking with the Clarins one and hoping for more compliments.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Husband Actually Complimented My Foundation!!!!!

What a compliment you got! I don't blame you for sticking with this one!

Respected Contributor

When a husband notices, it must be fabulous!

I'd stick with that one too.

Hyacinth Smile

Valued Contributor

The foundation sounds great! Do you know if it is oil-free? I have dry skin and that would be a deal breaker for me! It is wonderful that your husband gave you a nice compliment.

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 jump4joy said:

The foundation sounds great! Do you know if it is oil-free? I have dry skin and that would be a deal breaker for me! It is wonderful that your husband gave you a nice compliment.

I found the ingredients on a blog. The blogger thought that it was drying, but I can't say because I've never tried it. I shy away from foundations in a jar and those that have added fragrance (some reviewers on MUA mentioned the strong scent):

clarins extra comfort foundation swatch and review

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

My skin is normal/slightly dry and I find this moisturizing but not greasy. As for using the jar, it comes with a small spatula so your fingers never actually go into the jar. I like it very much.

Respected Contributor

I am always looking for a different foundation to try. Must check this one out. Thank you Virgo and have a Merry Christmas.

Valued Contributor

Tricolor, Merry Christmas to you too!

Super Contributor

So glad you got a sincere compliment. Now I want to try that foundation. It sounds like it would work great for me too. I switch foundation a lot. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my husband often compliments my skin and/or makeup so I don't know which brand is best since I change it so often. I just laugh and tell him that his eyesight must be going (we've been married 23 years).

Respected Contributor

What a wonderful hubby you have! And how sweet that he shared his thoughts with you. Congrats on having found your ""secret weapon"".

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown