Valued Contributor

Confession is good for the soul, right?

So...today was the day...

I was determined to make a clean start of old lipsticks, glosses or lip pencils I no longer use, not the right shade for my skin tone or just needed to be disposed of and here is my inventory...this is embarrassing, but if I can just help one person to follow in my footsteps, it will be worth it:

- SIXTEEN (16) lipstick tubes

- TWO (2) lip glosses

- TWO (2) lip pencils

All of the above went into the dumpster and I did not look back and I feel better.

How many of you need to start addressing your addiction and what is it and how many?

Merry Christmas!

Super Contributor

Re: Confession is good for the soul, right?

I missed the embarrassing part.

I'm sure some might think I need to address my addiction. Luckily, I feel no such need.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Honored Contributor

Yeah ... what was embarrassing? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I have a variety of colors and color ranges, but sooner or later, I use them all .....

I throw things out when they smell rancid. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I applaud your first step. I do go on rampages occasionally but try never to let it get out of control.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

OP: I totally understand! For the last few months I have been trying to "little by little" declutter and clean out ~ my addiction .......... SHOES!! It's such a great, liberating feeling to accomplish even the smallest goal!
Respected Contributor

Oh Dear! Not 2 whole lip glosses! Say it isn't so. BTW I have 16 lipsticks in my cars alone. And I'm not the least bit embarrassed.
Valued Contributor

I cleaned out my stash a few weeks ago and rid myself of so much. I did not keep track of what I trashed or gave away. I only kept what I liked or knew I would use. I was tired of feeling overwhelmed and I hate clutter. I want to keep with the one in, one out rule, hopefully I can keep it under control.
Respected Contributor

I am a lip product junkie, and should probably clean out my stuff of things that just don't work for me too!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

Here's to de-cluttering! I went a little crazy buying more creams and lotions this season, so I'm determined to use up my open containers, and not buy anymore. Everything has a shelf life!

Trusted Contributor

Purging every now and then is always good, whether it is cosmetics, clothing, tchotchkes, etc. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}