Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week! - Holiday Edition)

Hello Lovelies and Happy Saturday!

I hope everyone is enjoying the joys of the season and remaining calm and thankful for all our blessings.

I will show you two of my favorite mani's from this month. I received this MoYou London Festive Collection 03 image plate too late to use last year, so it's been waiting for its debut for a looong time and both were done using this plate.

The first is a design I've seen done in Nordic sweaters, but I think the pink and white colors give it an unexpected twist.

I began with Nailtiques Formula 2, then OPI "Ridge-Filler" base coat.

OPI "Pink Friday", 2 coats; ring finger, OPI "Alpine Snow", 2 coats, Seche Vite top coat.

Stamped using the opposite colors, finished with another coat of S.V.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2ntvk9h.jpg

Next, is my definite favorite, and I only wish the photo showed the sparkles-beneath-the-snowflakes as well as they look IRL, but this close-up was the best we could do:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2djqkiv.jpg

I used the same base coats as above, then

China Glaze "Frosty", 2 coats,

OPI "Pirouette My Whistle", 1 coat,

Seche Vite top coat,

and stamped with Essie "Good As Gold" and MoYou Festive 03.

Hope you like them.

Tell me if you're wearing something special on your nails for the Holidays.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Lola
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week! - Holiday Edition)

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year to all who read this.

Lola,

They are both so perfect. I love the pink for Christmas and the gold for New Years Eve. I have seen a lot of pale pink on nails this Christmas Season. I was originally planning on getting a glittery red when I have my Mani next week but I changed my mind a few days ago when someone posted a pretty plaid mani. I am going to see what they are doing for the Holidays in my salon and get something special. I just wish my nails were a little longer. They are pretty short right now.

We had a full weekend planned. Our neighborhood Christmas Party was today and I was having a dinner tomorrow for my husbands birthday and a friends birthday (15 people). Well....the host of the neighborhood party has pneumonia and it was postponed and my dd and grandson have the Flu so my dinner is postponed. I am wrapping and doing other stuff instead. I had to freeze the food I prepared. Oh well.....things happen.

MERRY MERRY MERRY, safe travels, enjoy family, friends, good food, and who can forget the wine, champagne, or drink of your choice CHEERS!

Trusted Contributor

Love the pink one! I really like pink and burgundy for the holidays, so this is right up my alley. Very fresh and different from the usual red and green.

Super Contributor

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you also Dreamon & to all who pass thru. Thank you Lola these are great holiday manis. Hope your Christmas is blessed.
Trusted Contributor

Lola,

As always your manicures are beautiful. Back in the 1970's I had a pink sweater with white snowflakes that I loved. The first manicure brought back great memories. The white snowflakes would be extra festive on a darker red or green background.

Your second offering is elegant and perfect for a formal holiday occasion.

Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Lola, your mani's are great, as usual. I prefer the pink for myself (I am just not a glittery person), but the sparkle would be nice for a holiday party.

Thanks for posting them, hope you are enjoying the holiday season and all the festiveness.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Lola!!! & to your family.

First mani - warm & cozy flannel pajamas, a nice warm hug feeling.

Second mani- champagne & sparklers for New Year' Eve.

I mutilated my nails the other night [overwhelming stress right now], so nails are PATHETIC! no pun intended. I just bought some Christmas color/s glitter polish, but nails are just too short. I need to chew on a rawhide bone instead.

Have a fantastic Christmas week Lola. Me, I'm pulling out my Grinch boxers [over black leggings] & my Grinch slippers {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. Such a holiday fashionista am I. It's snowing right now, my daughter's Christmas tree is on, so my spirit feels lifted. Later on, popcorn & the movie Christmas Story with the grand kids [they are still sleeping, {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}].

Take care Lola.

Path

Honored Contributor

Ahh Lola--what would I do if I didn't have your lovely nail pics in time for Xmas!!! I love both of them but the pink is my fave!! Still doing battle with chemo nails. Can't seem to get them to behave. Small price to pay, I guess!! Have a wonderful Xmas to you and yours!!

PAM

Super Contributor

On 12/20/2014 DREAMON said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year to all who read this.

Lola,

They are both so perfect. I love the pink for Christmas and the gold for New Years Eve. I have seen a lot of pale pink on nails this Christmas Season. I was originally planning on getting a glittery red when I have my Mani next week but I changed my mind a few days ago when someone posted a pretty plaid mani. I am going to see what they are doing for the Holidays in my salon and get something special. I just wish my nails were a little longer. They are pretty short right now.

We had a full weekend planned. Our neighborhood Christmas Party was today and I was having a dinner tomorrow for my husbands birthday and a friends birthday (15 people). Well....the host of the neighborhood party has pneumonia and it was postponed and my dd and grandson have the Flu so my dinner is postponed. I am wrapping and doing other stuff instead. I had to freeze the food I prepared. Oh well.....things happen.

MERRY MERRY MERRY, safe travels, enjoy family, friends, good food, and who can forget the wine, champagne, or drink of your choice CHEERS!

Hi DREAMON, Oh, I'm so disappointed for you that your parties had to be delayed! I hope all who are ill are soon recovered -- bummer to be sick anytime, but Christmas, that's the worst! I gave a small luncheon for my Mah Jongg group last week and I'm almost recovered. It's a big effort for me these days to decorate the house, get out the Christmas china and ... gasp ... cook, but they were very complimentary and appreciative.

It's interesting to me that I see quite a few mani's posted online done on short nails. I always assumed too, that nails should extend beyond the fingertips to be suitable for polishing, but, no. Who knows, there's probably a lot less tip-wear when the fingers take the hard knocks instead of the nail edge.

I wrapped gifts yesterday, and just have the Yorkies' Christmas toys and treats to wrap in white tissue -- they love to open their own gifts, and it's hysterical to watch!

Merry Merry, and Happy B'day to your DH!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 12/20/2014 vaccinia said:

Love the pink one! I really like pink and burgundy for the holidays, so this is right up my alley. Very fresh and different from the usual red and green.

Oh vaccinia, you brought back memories of my first "designer" Christmas as a bride, when all our packages under the tree were wrapped in matte burgundy paper with wide pink fabric ribbon. I've since switched to a gold and white theme (not unlike the second mani, above), but did I ever love that first Christmas' themed décor!

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Lola