Esteemed Contributor

? about IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

Hi, I just purchased the Limited Edition IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette. I am not very good at choosing color combinations. Is there anyone who has this palette who can give me some suggestions? TIA Maria

Honored Contributor

Re: ? about IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

I tend to do what I always do with palettes like this one: I first use the lightest shade all over my eyelid; then I sometimes use a shade just one or two steps up in color over the center of my eyelid (not near the lashes and not up to my eyebrows; then I pick a coordinating darker shade for the crease and outer corners, or sometimes I choose a different one for the latter; and I always use a touch of the one slightly shimmery shade (that long one) on the inner corner of my eye. Finally, I often use an eyeliner brush and apply a dark shade as a soft liner.

Then I blend it all so there aren't any strange demarcations between shades.

You probably wanted specific shades mentioned, but this is the best I can do because I just wing it each time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Re: ? about IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

I'd like to hear more ideas about how folks are using this one, too. I got it a few weeks ago and so far, it's not wowing me. The colors all seem to look muddy on me. I do like the transforming shimmer color, though.

Super Contributor

I also just got this palette. I've paired sheer joy with soft light, soft light with mocha, violet with iconic, warmth with Java and love with Java. I haven't used any of them wet or as liners. I hope this helps.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, sundrops! I will try some of your combos.

Honored Contributor

OP, It Cosmetics now has two matte shadow palettes. You mention that you have the limited edition one, which would be the newer holiday palette with the foil-like cover. Is that the one you're asking about?

The shades that sundrops mentioned in her post are from the first palette, the one with the fuzzy pink cover.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

suzyQ3 ..... my palette cover is silver. The colors in my palette include: Snow Angel; Champagne; Cozy; Warm Wishes, Miracle; Peace; Wonderland; Hot Cocoa; Gingerbread; Toasty, Spice; Sugar Plum; Starry Night; and Coal. Do you have any suggestions fro color combinations? TIA, Maria

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Boehm Collecter said:

suzyQ3 ..... my palette cover is silver. The colors in my palette include: Snow Angel; Champagne; Cozy; Warm Wishes, Miracle; Peace; Wonderland; Hot Cocoa; Gingerbread; Toasty, Spice; Sugar Plum; Starry Night; and Coal. Do you have any suggestions fro color combinations? TIA, Maria

That's what I thought, Boehm Collector. Sundrops was referencing colors from the first palette.

Let me play with it a bit, and I'll let you know. I do like the palette, but I'm finding that many of the shades are very similar, and some are a bit muddy.

I'll get back to you. Smile

Respected Contributor

OP, you can also check out you tube and there are many makeup gurus who have demos with this pallette. Just type : makeup tutorials with IT cosmetic eyeshadow pallette. HTH Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

I had ordered it but returned it... it is so close in color to the original palette, but many shades 'darker', that I couldn't see the reason to keep it. As for colors and how to use - it depends on what your eye color is, what you're wearing and time of day, etc... It is a very individual thing. I will say that our neighbor showed up the other day with an orange eye shadow on - a color in the original palette (more or less) that I avoided, but she looked dynamite. ...I have now used it and gotten many complements. Moral of that story: try them all and enjoy. Many people love the violet shades...I avoid them, they are not flattering on my skintone... I have hazel eyes, blondish hair and it makes me look tired..