New Contributor

What was the worst christmas present you ever got and from whom?

Valued Contributor

My mother-in-law gave me a shirt with a hole in it.

Super Contributor

My mother-in-law made my husband and I matching purple mu-mu's. It sounds so crazy ,sounds like I made this up, but sadly it's true.

Esteemed Contributor
A very wealthy cheap so called friend whom I gave 14k gold to for a couple of gifts, gave me an appointment book that use to be free from American Express years ago, and you could get it monogram with initials. It Didn,t have mine, but her Daughters initials. I called her up and said you sent me your daughters gift by mistake, knowing she didn,t and she said, my daughter didn,t want it. That is why she is wealthy.
Super Contributor

My sister in law gave me candles from a yard sale with the $2 dollar price tag still on it. The candles were Burned and used too! (It was for our $25 gift exchange).

Super Contributor

Anything my MIL gives. I think she either regifts things or just goes to the cheapest store she can find like Walmart or Kmart and buys some cheap junk.

Honored Contributor
On 12/20/2014 qvcaddition said: A very wealthy cheap so called friend whom I gave 14k gold to for a couple of gifts, gave me an appointment book that use to be free from American Express years ago, and you could get it monogram with initials. It Didn,t have mine, but her Daughters initials. I called her up and said you sent me your daughters gift by mistake, knowing she didn,t and she said, my daughter didn,t want it. That is why she is wealthy.

Wow, now that's lame... She could have at least feigned that she made a mistake...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 12/20/2014 HeartsNdiamondz said:

My sister in law gave me candles from a yard sale with the $2 dollar price tag still on it. The candles were Burned and used too! (It was for our $25 gift exchange).

And THIS one takes lame to a whole new level... Used candles... oh my!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

In-laws gave us Dollar Store towels lol my husband used them for washing his car since they were so bad lol

Esteemed Contributor

this wasn't a lame or bad gift...lets say a huge disappointing gift....my ex took me shopping for coats...I showed him the one I would like....a suede...way under $100.00.....so it wasn't the price...and he had plenty of money....instead of the coat...I got a pillow from some local store anyone could pick up off the shelf.....

To this day I still consider it my worst gift and it was over 50 years ago....