Trusted Contributor

If Someone Claims to be a Beauty Expert

I think it's reasonable to comment on her hair looking like dreadful.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Re: If Someone Claims to be a Beauty Expert

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Why would you want to say anyone's hair is dreadful, because you don't care for it? This sounds like someone trying to justify being mean spirited to another ~~
Honored Contributor

No idea who or what you are referring to but hm, Merry Christams to you? Tis the season...

Respected Contributor

Some beauty experts point out flaws to sell their products or ideas. For example a vendor selling self-tanning lotion will talk about people looking like a ghost or pasty white and saying one will look younger, thinner, or healthier using a self-tanner.

Is it okay for a beauty expert or vendor to make negative comments to promote their product or ideas but not okay to comment on their appearance?

Respected Contributor

Another way to look at this is one would expect an interior decorator to have a beautiful home, not one that is dirty, unorganized with bare walls and no decorations.

Honored Contributor

This is in regards to a poofed thread by our kinder, gentler web monitor. More power to them. Its kind of like the difference between The Voice and the old American Idol. Mean isn't funny.

Honored Contributor

Firts this is all subjective. What some would call dreadful looking many others would say is a great look!! When someone is selling a product they just use general statements which are not targeting any one specific person!! That is the difference. I agree with Irish1210 when she states ""This sounds like someone trying to justify being mean spirited to another ~~ "".

Honored Contributor

On 12/19/2014 Irish1210 said: Why would you want to say anyone's hair is dreadful, because you don't care for it? This sounds like someone trying to justify being mean spirited to another ~~

Exactly!

Maybe they like their hair. Or maybe, just maybe, some other people like that hair style. Oh my, that might be a shocker! Imagine someone liking what someone else doesn't!

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 12/19/2014 depglass said:

This is in regards to a poofed thread by our kinder, gentler web monitor. More power to them. Its kind of like the difference between The Voice and the old American Idol. Mean isn't funny.

I figured as much. But mysterious threads like this, where people dance around the real issue and what was said, always seem nonsensical to someone like me who didn't read the original.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland