Trusted Contributor

First of all, let me say that I like and use JM's argon oil. But as I was watching her last night, the question arose. Her recommendation is to apply the argon oil milk as a treatment, and then the argon oil as a moisturizer. Isn't this just a layering of the same product?? Isn't it just putting argon oil on top of argon oil (the milk which is the oil mixed with water)? I'm not understanding the benefits.

And don't know where I have been, but I had never seen the powder exfoliator before. How long has that been available?

Another question which always baffles me. I apply the argon oil before my moisturizer (which is another brand cream) because of the rule - thin before thick. But I sometimes hear that the oil should be last since it seals. Which is it?

Trusted Contributor
I use oil last to seal everything in. Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I mix the oil with my moisturizer. If using the oil first works for you, then keep it up!
Esteemed Contributor

Right or wrong, I always apply her Argan Oil right after cleansing (as a serum). I plan to try the Argan Milk, and if I do, would probably not do the oil and milk both on the same day. I recently purchased two of her body butters (from her website) and love them.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

What I've gotten from her presentations, is that the Milk is supposed to be able to penetrate deeper, rather than just sitting on top of the skin like the argan oil. (Not to say that her argan oil doesn't soak in, just that it doesn't penetrate down into the layers of the skin.) This is supposed to be due to combining the oil with water in such tiny droplets that it doesn't separate, and carries the oil deeper. That's what I've gotten from her animations and explanations anyway. I am still researching the entire skin penetration thing. I've read such conflicting information from very credible sources (dermatologists, chemists, medical journals, scientific journals) about what can and cannot penetrate, and I have to admit it's left me pretty confused about what the truth is. I apply the oil last, because my serums and moisturizers contain water and water-soluble ingredients that wouldn't get to my skin if I already had a layer of oil on. However, if you are using oil-based moisturizers and serums then this wouldn't be a problem.