Super Contributor

If you pre-ordered the Emjoi TSV, how well does this work for legs & underarms?

Hello!

I've been intrigued by these devices for a while but reviews in the past just weren't that positive. Many said that the devices left behind stray hairs so they had to shave anyway.

For those of you who already have this new device, what are your thoughts?

Is this practical for legs/underarms...and possibly bikini line? I'm also wondering if this will leave me with a bunch of ingrown hairs? Also, how long does the hair have to be in order to work?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: If you pre-ordered the Emjoi TSV, how well does this work for legs & underarms?

I have been using this since October. I love it on my legs and arms. I have never used it on my underarms. I use it on the bikini line as well. It was a bit painful the first couple of times in that are, but I used it last night with no pain.
Super Contributor

Re: If you pre-ordered the Emjoi TSV, how well does this work for legs & underarms?

Thanks for the reply, DL2843! I'm assuming that since you like it it's removing all of the hair & not leaving any strays? Also assuming no ingrowns? Thanks again!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Emjoi may work very well, but some people never get used to the sharp pinch of epilation in the delicate areas. I had one of the old models from quite a few years ago, and speaking as one who has a rather high high tolerance for pain and isn't bothered by needles, I never could handle epilation. Perhaps this new unit has some advances which help with the discomfort. They did mention more tweezers on the head, faster, and a sensitive area guard.

Super Contributor

Good point, Trix! Maybe someone can tell us how bad the pain is when using this?
Regular Contributor

I have the model they sold prior to this one and also the mini model. Love them both! I think they work great for me. They don't get every hair all of the time. Also sometimes it breaks the hair instead of pulling it out. I use it on my legs, arms, underarms and face. Not liking it as much on bikini line cause I have gotten ingrown hairs there. I think you just get used to the pain. It doesn't bother me at all now. In fact it's kind of fun- like tweezing my brows. I've been doing that for so long that it's just a great feeling getting that area so smooth. I say give it a try! And- it really does keep my hair from growing back as quickly. I don't shave nearly as often
Super Contributor

Thanks again ladies for the replies! I'm going to give this a try!
Honored Contributor

I have a small model I use for facial hair. It hurt like heck the first time I used it 2 years ago and it still hurts terribly and doesn't do a thorough job. I'm replacing it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment