Super Contributor

If you wear a fitbit do you pay a monthly fee?

I have the jawbone and would like to try the fitbit, but wonder how much the fee is per month. Also do you like your fitbit?
Super Contributor

Re: If you wear a fitbit do you pay a monthly fee?

I have the fitbit one that clips to your clothes. I love it and no monthly fee. You register with their site. When you sit at your computer it picks up the info and records it on a ""dashboard"". There is also a phone app. I've had mine 6 months. They just emailed me to say I've walked 500 miles.

Super Contributor

Wow that's wonderful I pay about eighteen dollars a month on the jawbone. I have problems with accuracy. I may get the one you have.
Honored Contributor

No, there is not a monthly fee for Fitbit. I've been a member for two years.

I think I've seen notices on their site...where if you want to sign up for some personal training programs...there are extra fees for that. But no one needs to do that. The device..the info you get from it...+ the site itself....if you want to get in shape...everything you need is there, and it's free.

Super Contributor

Nope, no monthly fee for fitbit. And from what I understand they are easier/more user friendly than Jawbone. I have the "One", wanting to upgrade to a wrist band as soon as they get it right.

Super Contributor

After reading all the good reviews I ordered the fitbit one tonight. Do you clip it on to your belt, or where do you wear it. Can't wait to get it.
Super Contributor

Little daisy,

Their 'One' really is the most accurate pedometer on the market, period.

The options are:

waistband

in your pocket

in the middle part of your bra (where the breast bone is)

Super Contributor

Lttle Daisy, I just realized no one mentioned this, but they also have a great app for your smart phone that syncs with the fitbit through bluetooth.

Another great thing is, if you use an app like myfitnesspal, your fitbit syncs to that too, to calculate calories in vs out. Lots of great things with your fitbit.

Honored Contributor

I have the One...would not consider one of the wrist devices to be an "upgrade" at all. I usually wear the One clipped to my bra, but can transfer it to my waistband, put it in my pocket, or even carry it in my handbag. I love its versatility.
Super Contributor

Like I said September, as soon as they perfect it.... could be never. It would be nice if they did though.