Super Contributor

Laura Mercier samples: the best!

Laura Mercier has some of the best makeup around. I especially love her eyeshadows, but Laura Mercier has phenomenal customer service too. So often we complain about companies, I just wanted to pass along this good news.

They offer "deluxe" samples with purchase and free shipping. And they aren't kidding about those samples. They are not some little dab of product in a plastic wrapper. They are smaller versions of their products, packaged in study containers and they come in a really nice makeup bag.

I ordered one eyeshadow and got all these nice samples. Does this make me want to shop there more often? Yes! Other companies should take note.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier samples: the best!

I've only ordered from the Laura Mercier web site once and I didn't receive any samples. I do love the two eyeshadows I purchased, though.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a set of lipsticks and got two that were the same color. I called and was told the color I didn't get would be sent. It never was. I got an email asking to review the service and I wrote what happened to me and said I wouldn't order again. Yesterday I got a new set of lipsticks and some nice samples. Unfortunately the samples all have a chemical sunscreen which I can't use but it was a nice gesture.

It paid to write the review. The one lipstick I didn't get was the one that I wanted for a gift. It was the lightest one. I gave it to my neighbor today and she was thrilled.

Super Contributor

Sorry your experience was not so great. Maybe I got lucky!

Honored Contributor

I love LM's products. I use her foundation, tinted moisturizer (change off), lipsticks, Invisible powder, and I have a couple of her eye shadows. More importantly, I love her body butter and spray fragrances. Yes, she does have great samples that you are able to select.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I received a sample of her powder foundation and powder bronzer. So far so good.

Honored Contributor

LM does give great samples. I always order from her when I can for that reason. I don't think I've ever gotten the samples in a make-up bag though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

At Lord and Taylor this past weekend, I purchased a Laura Mercier foundation and lipstick. I received a pretty black makeup bag filled with a lipgloss, skin care, a primer and blush. I really love the products and the bonus was a pleasant surprise.