Respected Contributor

Mally Mystery surprise bag # 2 - spoilers and disappointment

Just arrived today. Was hoping it was the same as bag #1 which I couldn't get before it sold out. There are 3 glosses which would be great. Except, tried one, and it's thick, sticky and glue-like. Not sure if it is old or what, have used these before and they weren't like this. It also has a black and a silver pencil liner (already have both), bag one had a combo plum-black, a liquid sparkly tan liner, a sparkly strange powder highlighter tube, one pan pinkish shadow, double-ended brush, and a tube of blush. The bag itself is very cute. So if I can't use any of the products it's a bust for me, though well worth it had the glosses been okay or different liner shades. Wondering if any of you got it and feel the same - was your gloss sticky and strange?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Mystery surprise bag # 2 - spoilers and disappointment

I didn't get this bag but I have bought her glosses before. Some I love, some not so much. Some are more thick and sticky while others aren't sticky or thick at all. I noticed the different colors seem to have different formulas. I don't think it has to do with being old, just the colors you get.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Happy. I have used hers too. There are 3 in the bag, and they are seriously unusable. After trying on my lips (UGH) I put a drop on my finger-tip and if you touch it, it pulls up and stick just like Elmer's. I can't see anyone using this - your lips would stick together.

Honored Contributor

yep, I know exactly what you mean. She had the Gorgelina shade free with any purchase and they are like that. I have her on in Mally's light or something like that and it is so sheer, light and pretty, not sticky at all. Do the ones you got have any shimmer in them? It seems like the most sticky, kind of gross tasting/scented ones have shimmer. The sheer ones with no shimmer are much nicer, at least from my experience.

Honored Contributor

I passed on this having been burned too many times. I got a BE ""mystery gift"" that was $45. It was terrible and I ended up returning it. I will not buy anything sight unseen anymore!

Respected Contributor

Happy, they are all frosty or shimmery. They are a good size, bigger than the ones I bought before but I sure can't use them. The ones I had were more sheer, shimmery also and slightly minty.

Jordan, you are smart! It seemed too good to pass up, and it was so hard to get onto the site, felt I had to get one once I did. Almost 12.00 for postage too. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}