Frequent Contributor

Beware: Shopping at Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn will no longer credit your account if a recently purchased item goes on sale.

They stopped issuing credit about a month ago.

I emailed customer service and explained why it is not in their best interest to do so.

Some shoppers, like myself, will not shop there as they will not be confident that they are getting the best price AND a shopper could easily return the higher-priced item (w free shipping) without incurring any cost, but the STORE would incur a cost as they would have to pay someone to restock the shelves with the returned items.

Just food for thought.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beware: Shopping at Pottery Barn

Not quite sure why a thread about Pottery Barn would be in the Beauty Forum of all places. That's products I know they don't sell.
Super Contributor

I like Pottery Barn. I shop there in person - don't worry about returns and price changes. Policy changes won't effect me.

Contributor

Thank you for that update! I love Pottery Barn and it's nice to know of policy changes regardless of what forum they're found. In fact I generally don't scroll through specific boards so I was glad to see this.
Trusted Contributor

Completely agree with My3girls!!! Appreciate your effort and your point, OP! Thanks ~~~
Occasional Contributor

Just had horrible customer service experience with them. Ordered sofa and couch online. Customer service called and confirmed fabric and order. the next week.

Ten weeks later when it was expected to ship they called to say fabric no longer available and that if I wanted another fabric it would be another ten weeks. (I then bought elsewhere and won't shop there again).

Trusted Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Kathleen said:

I like Pottery Barn. I shop there in person - don't worry about returns and price changes. Policy changes won't effect me.

I agree and frankly I don't expect a company to give me credit when something I've purchased goes on sale soon after my purchase. I just don't have time to monitor that type of thing and I don't believe companies have any obligation to honor a sales price when the item was not on sale at the time of my purchase. I bought an item at a price I was willing to pay and if it later goes on sale (as many products do) well so be it.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Scotnovel said:
On 12/18/2014 Kathleen said:

I agree and frankly I don't expect a company to give me credit when something I've purchased goes on sale soon after my purchase. I just don't have time to monitor that type of thing and I don't believe companies have any obligation to honor a sales price when the item was not on sale at the time of my purchase. I bought an item at a price I was willing to pay and if it later goes on sale (as many products do) well so be it.

I agree and feel my time (keeping up with pricing and other stores, bringing it back, etc.) is worth a lot as well....

Once I buy something, I rarely ever bring it back.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I dont see what the big deal is. I do not blame the store if they loose money on it

Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Irish1210 said: Completely agree with My3girls!!! Appreciate your effort and your point, OP! Thanks ~~~
Thank you Irish1210!! And I always check prices especially on bigger ticket items after I purchase. I have 3 daughters to put through college and 3 weddings to look forward to. You better believe if I can get a credit, I'm gonna get a credit. And you'd be surprised how many times I have Smiley Happy