Honored Contributor

I can not figure out how to use the Instawaver

The video makes it look so easy, I got mine yesterday and of course tried it right away and nothing, I can not even get my shoulder length layered hair to wind on the spindel

What am I not doing right

thanks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: I can not figure out how to use the Instawaver

I don't know what that is, but do they have a customer service number? Maybe they could give you some tips. Also, try You Tube. Often there are videos of "regular people" using these gizmos and they can be more helpful than the professional ones.

Edited to add: Keep trying. Sometimes there's a learning curve with these new products because we get so used to doing things a certain way.

Trusted Contributor

I received mine yesterday too, and I'm having some problems as well. I have one length, shoulder length hair.

I find that the hair strands are partially slipping off the thing, occasionally I get a nice winding of the strand, but not usually. I can't figure out what I'm doing differently to have success one time and failure another.

I watched a ton of youtube videos, and most demonstrators have an easier time with it. One woman was really funny, though, she just couldn't manage it at all.

I have to say that even with my imperfect technique, the overall outcome was kind of cute.

I'm just going to keep practicing for awhile.

I hope we get some hints that help.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 blueroses47 said:

I received mine yesterday too, and I'm having some problems as well. I have one length, shoulder length hair.

I find that the hair strands are partially slipping off the thing, occasionally I get a nice winding of the strand, but not usually. I can't figure out what I'm doing differently to have success one time and failure another.

I watched a ton of youtube videos, and most demonstrators have an easier time with it. One woman was really funny, though, she just couldn't manage it at all.

I have to say that even with my imperfect technique, the overall outcome was kind of cute.

I'm just going to keep practicing for awhile.

I hope we get some hints that help.

I am having the same problems, at times it winds and gets to tight and others the strands of hair are just flopping around

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I thought it was funny that I purchased the same Instawaver item (gosh not pink or purple but plain ole white) at half the price with free shipping on another site! Some other poster shopped the same place as me and posted it under reviews for the item (the first and only review) and it got poofed. Then a brand new poster (first post) raved about the item before she even received it! I also noticed that this TSV disappeared early afternoon. Not such a great tsV.

Honored Contributor

HAs any one else gotten theirs

Valued Contributor

I ordered mine from Amazon in plain old white for about $65 total. There is a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's really simple. I have found that if I hold it close to my roots and let it take the hair, it works best to start feeding in a little more hair to get it to grab. Once all hair is curled, I let it cool and the curls really last all day. I have layered hair, a little longer than shoulder length.

Honored Contributor

there are some videos on the product page that might be helpful

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 jackthebear said:

there are some videos on the product page that might be helpful

Looked at those and they were not really helpful I will try it a few more times before I give up and return

Trusted Contributor

I am still­ oxox, How are you doing with the instawaver? Any improvement?

I keep trying a few strands around my head and I find they are turning out a little better all the time, not perfect, but less hair is falling off each time and I can't tell you what I'm doing differently.

I don't know what results you're getting overall with your particular hair style, but what I'm finding is that the curl on the wand doesn't have to be perfectly wound to come out satisfactorily. I have been just taking random strands around my head, and the end result is pretty cute. What I like, too, is that the curl stays in very well. Even the next day my hair has some volume to it, that it does not normally have.

I guess I'm keeping mine. I just wanted to write to tell you to keep trying for a while, I think you'll eventually find it gets easier. Remember, the strands don't have to be perfectly wound.