Super Contributor

Where do you buy good perfume dupes?

If I use generic drugs, I figure I should be using perfume dupes as well. Where do you get yours from? What are your favorites? I hate to spend a fortune on perfumes that I don't truly love. It is so had to find that special fragrance. I smell like a perfume factory after spending some time at Sephora and Walgreens today. Lots of fragrances smell ok or nice, but not nice enough to pay the big bucks. I guess I'm fussy, many perfumes have excellent reviews and I don't care for them. Not they are that bad, but I want to love it.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you buy good perfume dupes?

Some posted, not too long ago, about Hayward Enterprises. I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Trusted Contributor

I love "the fragrance shop dot com." Customer service and shipping is excellent. With so many less than desirable reformulations of the original scents, I find that their versions are based on the originals and are excellent.

Respected Contributor

There is a company called Fragrancenet.com and they have the real stuff but the prices are really good!

Trusted Contributor

Pittsburgh Street Soapworks (PSS) and Hayward Enterprises.

They are both small woman owned and run indy on line companies. Both nice ladies with a great product. Laura at Hayward has WAY more scent choices. I have tried various fragrances and products from Paulette at PSS but only the roll on oils from Susan at Hayward.

Yesterday was the last day to order from Hayward until next January though. Not sure about Paulette's schedule at PSS.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

Amazon also has some good dupes and ""impressions of""; just filter by user ratings.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Pittsburgh Street Soapworks! You can also buy sample-sizes of different scents there. They contain enough product for several try-outs.

Super Contributor

Thank you all! I'll start my search.

Honored Contributor

Perfume is something 'you get what you pay for'. There's a reason why drugstore fragrances & faux scents smell....'different'. I would save & spend it on the real deal. Treating it well, it could last years & years. There's something about synthetic scents that 'turns' them quickly in the bottle & on the skin. Just food for thought.

Super Contributor

absolutely LOVE Paulette and PSS