Regular Contributor

Anyone familiar with Macy's beauty dept. at Lafayette, Indiana mall?

I will be moving to the area early next year and I hear there are about 4 (YES- FOUR) beauty counters *only* at the Macy's store there. If so, what are the brands? There is no free-standing Sephora (just a small one in the JCP) and also no Ulta! I think the nearest Ulta and/or Sephora is about an hour away. Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone familiar with Macy's beauty dept. at Lafayette, Indiana mall?

I don't know of this area but it sounds like your choices are very limited. I can't imagine what would be offered at Macy's but it sounds like it would be a very limited selection. Hopefully, someone else who knows of the area will respond. The advantage of going to a department store like Macy's, Sephora or Ulta is to be able to try the products and many times also receive samples.

Honored Contributor

Sorry about that! Our beach house is in a place with no Macy's within 100 miles, no Sephora, no Ulta, no nice dept. store for beauty products.

But that's okay because I can order online what I don't bring with me. Door to door service! (Besides what I use couldn't be purchased at a B&M store anyways.)

We have tons of outlets for nice clothes and household goods. No Whole Foods or Trader Joe's either, but we have great farmer's markets and gourmet.

Enjoy your new home and have a good new year!

Occasional Contributor

I've been to that mall. It's extremely small. It's been about 6 years since I was there. From what I remember, they just have the basic known brands like Lancome, Clinique and Estee Lauder and a perfume counter. When I went, they did not have a Sephora in the Pennys at that time. I'm in Indianapolis.